Should I book with a travel agency?

Travelling to different countries in Asia this year with my girlfriend and I'm considering if I should just book with a travel agency rather than making arrangements on my own. We're both thinking about going to Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, and Cambodia. I've seen Multiple city singles tours packages which are rather affordable. It already includes flight tickets, a 4-star accommodation for the whole trip, city tour in each country, and all-day meals. Should I just get this kind of package?

I tend to use the 'go it alone' path as plans can be altered very easily if you have a conversation in a tourist bar and hear of a great place you hadn't considered.
Been there, doe that, and just changed my plan without the slightest hassle or care - try that with a travel agent.

Such a question is a very personal decision. I've traveled the whole world independently with a backpack but recognize this isn't for everyone. But with guidebooks and the internet it is possible to find lots of information and book rooms etc. as one goes along. One also meets people on the road that can give up to date tips. Or one might hook up with other people to go off to places you hadn't even heard of. Good to have a basic plan but stay flexible to some degree. With a package tour you just get the things they decide to show you and you are stuck with a group you may or may not like. Yet having everything organized can of course save effort. I think for older travelers or people with little traveling experience they might like to stay on the safe side. What does payoff even for independent travelers is the occasional local tour booked on site. Sometimes there might be a handful of things to see in an area that are offered by such tours – and very difficult to reach otherwise without basically hiring a taxi for the day.