Completing registration of marriage when visiting Brazil

Hello,

My husband (a Brazilian ex-pat) and I registered our marriage in the Brazilian Consulate and received our marriage certificate.  We are traveling to Brazil in the next couple weeks to visit family and want to complete the rest of the process.  We know to visit the cartório and to bring the marriage certificate.   However, we are unsure of what other documents will be required.  Can you please advise?

Thank you,
Rachael

Congratulations, Rachael!

With the Certidão from the Consulate, all you should need are your IDs - your passport and his RN.  In fact, it's not even necessary for you to go. My husband returned to Brazil ahead of me while I stayed in the US to arrange my move, and he got it done before I arrived.

Wonderful!  Thank you for your help!  I was unsure if he would need original copies of documents like those we brought to the consulate.  Glad to know we will not need to travel with all those extra documents.

Thank you,
Rachael

Sure thing!  :top:
I meant to type "RG", not "RN", but I'm sure you figured that out.

I was asked for my "long form birth certificate" translated. If this was done at Consulate you should be fine.
They want $350 USD to legalize and translate, plus ordering a BC from place of birth.