How to do Visa runs from Pattaya maybe to Laos?

:D

Hello to you all.

Sorry to repeat myself but from my earlier posts on Visa extensions.
I want to extend my stay in Thailand for 1 month so can I just go to Laos for 1 night and comeback into Thailand for another 30 days? and if I want to stay another 30 days can I just repeat going to Laos? and is there a maximum times you can do this?

Thanks for all your replies.
Regards,
Eddie.

I read recently 2 visa exempt entries is limit at land border crossings in one year.

Hello OP,

It seems that you've heard from another post/forum about staying one night in Laos, but that's for people who apply for a visa at the Thai consulate in Savvanakhet, or the embassy in Vientiane. If you apply for a visa in the morning, you can pick your passport up the next day in the afternoon.

They only allow two land crossings per year, so please make sure that your passport isn't full of stamps. A new passport certainly helps.

If you just want to do a border crossing, you could theoretically just go back to Thailand after only some minutes. Please be aware that Immigration has changed their laws and only two land border crossings are allowed per year.

You must pay for a visa to get into Laos which is around 1,200 baht, a lot cheaper if you pay with American dollars.

If you get 30 days, or less depends on your nationality. Please see which countries receive 30 days here: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4 … ation.html ( there's a downloadable PDF file)

It's also relatively new that you might have to show financial proof, without the possibility to withdraw money after being asked to show 20,000 baht. If I were you, I'd carry at least 20,000 baht, just in case. There have been reports where foreigners weren't let in at Don Muang airport and they were not allowed to withdraw money.

If you want to be on the safe side and stay a bit longer, why don't you apply for a Multiple tourist visa at let's say Savannakhet?

Best of luck!

Hi friend  :)

better use to airline way for extension visa  :D

If I come on a tourist visa (30) days and get an extension 30 days  then fly out for a week then return for the same 30 days plus 30 day extension how many times can I do this.

If I come on a tourist visa (30) days and get an extension 30 days  then fly out for a week then return for the same 30 days plus 30 day extension how many times can I do this.        -@davelange57

It's s 30 days visa exempt,not a tourist visa. You can do 2 border runs by land twice per calendar year, but when arriving by air you might have a problem if doing it longer than 6 months.

Hi friend  smile.png better use to airline way for extension visa  big_smile.png-@erbay

You're not extending a visa by arriving by air. Either you have a 60 days tourist visa or you arrive on a 30 days visa exempt.