Newbie to expat

Hello ;) Im a mature female from Texas and researching the Dominican Republic. My parents are from this island and i think its absolutely beautiful. I was born in NJ. Im planning on moving, working and living a stressfree life. It will be myself and my mentally disabled young adult son and my main concern is for his and my medical resources. Making sure his mental well being, medication and therapy will be the best for him & myself, since im getting older also. Im also concern about work, have been told i could get certified to teach English? Translator? Tyvm for any information both pro or con

Welcome to the forums! Have you got your passport and cedula already? You will need that to work and you are entitled to it via your parents being Dominicans!

I want to make sure you understand it is stress-free here. There are stresses but they are likely different.

I do not know offhand what medical resources will be available to your son. I will message you for details.  As he has a pre existing condition it's unlikely insurance  here will cover him, but we can try!

You will want to get your credentials to teach English etc there. I am not sure how that happens.