Medications in bahrain

Hello, I will be moving to Bahrain for 9 months. I am currently on an antidepressant (pristiq) and a anti anxiety (trazodone). Both of these medications are available by prescription in Bahrain. However, my current doctor is willing to write me a 90 day prescription to bring in to the country with me. I have read that I need an approval letter from the national health minister. My question(s) are:

1. Does anyone have experience with bringing any medications into Bahrain (how closely does customs check it?)

2. If I do need an approval letter, who would I reach out to? The embassy in my country?

3. Any experience with shipping prescriptions into Bahrain? Is this possible?

Thank you!!!

Why not call NHRA and get feedback from them? This way you will get the accurate info needed.

http://www.nhra.bh/ContactUs.aspx

T&R

Yes check with NHRA.

Generally, to legally bring medicine for own use (controlled drugs), you need to get a prescription from a doctor in the home country and get it attested by the Bahrain Embassy there (after your ministry of foreign affairs attests it).

Well, I have travelled with people who have carried psychotropic medicines and have never been checked by customs.  Depends on how much and what you carry.   If it's limited quantity for personal use and is not an abuse prone drug like tramadol or an opium derivative; they don't usually bother.

Shipping prescriptions into Bahrain is a hit and miss; sometimes they will be held at customs and you will asked to come and clear them.  For medicines it is a hassle as they can ask for lots of documentation from local doctors before consenting to release them.