Visa extra stay in Pattaya

Hello to All of you:-)

:D

Ok I have been coming to Pattaya near walking street for the last 6 years and no not for the sordid things that go on there I know it does.

I have been seeing a local Thai Lady good family for 6 years and not wanting to retire just go there for 6 months during the winter as I am English and live in Holland.

Now doing my homework and asking my Thai Lady for advice the maximum stay on a tourist visa as you know is 30 days. Ok  now when asking my girlfriend she says that I can go to the police/immigration in Jomtien and extend my stay for 6 months and this should cost me approx 2000 Baht per month to stay.

All very well get my passport stamped and I am ok to stay here for 6 months.
Now if the police/immigration stamp my passport stating that I can stay for well 5 months 1 month tourist visa, how valid is this?

As when I get to the airport and go through passport control they will see oh Mr.Riggs you have overstayed by 5 months?? and they will see the stamp in my passport so is this valid? or not valid and a waste of my money getting it done in Jomtien.

Thank you all for your advice and help on this.
Regards,
Eddie.

As far as I know once you are in Thailand you can request a one month extension just once. Then you have to make a visa run. Others on the forum may know ways around this but the easiest thing would be to get a retirement visa since you or over 50 years of age. You just have to put the sufficient funds in a Thai bank or show sufficient pension.

:D

Thanks for your Help and reply but I really need if poss an answer or help on my question.
Thanks.
Eddie.

You cannot extend your stay for 6 mths. Only 1 mth extension then you have to leave. You cannot go to police station and extend for 6 mths. Police are not immigration. Don't know who's telling you the local police can extend visas, but they are wrong. You can apply for a 3 mth nonimmigrant O visa and a 1 year O-A retirement visa if you want to stay longer or you can leave the country for a visa run like everyone else.

Copied from immigration website: A 60 day Tourist Visa (every entry) and, since 29.8.2014, also the 30 day visa exempt stamp, will be extended for 30 days at Thai Immigration, THB 1,900.

That should answer your question? If you decide to overstay 5 mths, please come back on forum and let us know if they put you in jail and how much they fined you.

Good luck and let us know if you overstay 5 mths whether they put you in jail, just fined you and how much or banned from reentry.

egriff0110 wrote:

I am English and live in Holland.

^Really? :cool:

Thanks for all your replies and I thought as much just wanted to check to get things sorted.

So just to get things correct I enter Bangkok on a 30 day tourist visa default normal.
If I want to stay another month I just go outside to say Laos for 1 night then come back and I am good for another 30 days yes?

Can I keep doing that every month?

Thanks.

Sorry, I don't know if you can do land border visa runs or not anymore. I would suggest starting a new post with the title "How to do Visa Runs" and maybe someone who knows will answer or try to research online.