Hello Buenos Aires! I am (almost) here and looking to find friends...

(I feel like Evita. I keep hearing that song...)

Hello everyone. I'm a 56 year old teacher and musician, about to start a new chapter of life in Buenos Aires.

I am starting from scratch and would really appreciate any chance to connect with people.

I play the violin, viola and piano... I love various kinds of music.

I lived in Mexico for 13 years and it is time to push further south to the land of my father's nostalgia. He was a Merchant Marine during World War II and was very much in love with Buenos Aires...

So I would very much welcome any overtures of welcome (does that make sense?) and anybody's offer to meet up for coffee or go to a party or anything...

And... are there other oldish type people (50's and up) around? I'd like to meet you!

Sincerely,

Bob Haskell

Hi Bob Haskell,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Bob, as noted in our personal email I am hosting a get together next Thursday if interested in meeting.  I also think that it would be nice if a group of us from here at Expat-Blog planned a lunch, afternoon coffee or evening drinks to have a chance to meet in person.

Anyone interested can either post suggestions here or send me a private email through the messaging system here!

Yeah. I'm all for that.

I'll probably attend the get-together Thursday. What's the attire?

And the lunch/afternoon idea is good too.

I'll stay in touch.

Bob