Living between Chiang Mai & Walnut Creek, California

Hi everyone,

My name is “noi”, I'm from Chiang Mai. I'm living between Chiang Mai & Walnut Creek, California. Just joined expat.com yesterday and hope that I can be of help to questions about Chiang Mai.
Cheers 😘💕

Wow, finally someone just like me, I am living in Montclair Oakland & in. Nonthaburi Thailand. I just couldn't leave behind all my friends & family.

Hi,
It's very nice meeting you here. How's life in Thailand? Have you been to Chiang Mai?

Vilai wrote:

Hi,
It's very nice meeting you here. How's life in Thailand? Have you been to Chiang Mai?

Welcome to the forum... since you are new to forum, I just wanted to mention that you can private message someone by clicking on their name and it will take you to a "send message" page. That way if you wanted, you could talk to someone one-on-one without everyone else seeing. Just thought I would let you know. Again, welcome...

Kindly, Zeus (advisor)

Hi,
thank you for your advice :)

Interesting to see others with one foot in Thailand and one foot in their country of origin.

I'm some years from retiring, but have a condo in Chiang Mai, and my work and adult children (whom I love dearly) in the Midwest, USA.  I am trying over time to build connection and community in Chiang Mai, while at the same time keeping my life in the US rolling along. Maybe in 5-10 years, I'll spend much of the year in Chiang Mai, and so I'd like to be working on building community there now, progressively.

I could say that it's a lovely situation, except for the killer jet lag coming back. I feel myself a walking zombie for almost a week after returning to the US from Thailand. In the midst of the jet lag, I vow not to return to Thailand for many months...yet in a week, once the jet lag subsides, I am planning my next trip to LOS....