Employment pass

Hi, I have received an offer from a university in Malaysia as senior lecturer. Now I am working as a research fellow in another university. My current visa is going to be expired on 01 July 2018. My new company delayed to apply (applied on 4th June) for my employment pass. I have applied to my current company to shorten my visa on 13th upon request from my new university. I may get my passport on 28 or 29th. But ESD needs  at least 3 days to process my application for EP approval. That means it could be an overstay. What can I do now. My passport is still in immigration and waiting for shortening. Seek your kind suggestions.

Regards

New employer should apply for a Special Pass

Can they apply for a special pass after expiring my current pass? My pass is going to be expired on 1st July (Sunday). Can they apply on 2nd or 3rd of July?

Thanks for your reply.

Ask them. They should know the procedures.

They can apply simultaneously with Application for Stage 1 approval I believe to keep you legal.

Hi, for the last 2 days status showing "pass approval stage". What does it mean? As my current EP expired company applied for special pass. But not paid the fees and endorsed SP in passport. How long they can withheld the endorsement?