Mexican document translated to English

Does anyone have any idea where to get a Mexican birth cert translated to English by a registered translator?

The local state university's "Centro de Idiomas" will be the cheapest and is an official translator the Mecican government recognizes.

stinkyboy1 wrote:

Does anyone have any idea where to get a Mexican birth cert translated to English by a registered translator?

I would check with the U.S. counsel they have a list of lawyers so perhaps they can help with translation also.
Off topic he sure is cute.

Thank you,yes,I checked with the university this morning and they could not help.I US embassy does not provide a translation service but yes they have a list of lawyers who do.They are all located in CDMX so I will just ask around here in Morelia.

stinkyboy1 wrote:

Thank you,yes,I checked with the university this morning and they could not help.I US embassy does not provide a translation service but yes they have a list of lawyers who do.They are all located in CDMX so I will just ask around here in Morelia.

Hi, what I would suggest, if I may, that you go to the "notario publico" office. If the notary is not registered as an accredited translator, he normaly knows them.

Here is the one I found on the Canadian government site for Michoacan
Lic. Christian Espino Valencia
E-mail: [email protected]
Spanish, English

Also in Morelia this could help
DESPACHO JURIDICO ROJAS Y LLANDERAL, S.C.
1. Francisco Miguel Rojas López - Cédula Profesional 3682863
2. Sergio Rubén Ramírez Llanderal - Cédula Profesional 08710689
Periférico Paseo de la República 3910
Col. Ana Maria Gallaga
58197 Morelia, Michoacán
Tel: (443) 326-1287
E-mail: [email protected] / [email protected] / [email protected]
Languages: Spanish, English
Type of practice: Commercial Law, Civil and Family Law, Administrative Law
Legal background:
1. Education: Law degree, Escuela Libre de Derecho; postgraduate degrees from the Universidad Latina de América.
2. Law and postgraduate degree from Universidad Latina de América

Finally, this is the link of the Canadian government
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/me … acán3

Adios y buen dia a todos, GyC.

Thank you very much,that is a wealth of information

Do you need an official translation for a business transaction, or is it just for your own use?

My experience was related to getting a translation from English to Spanish as a prerequisite for marriage, and it was simple in central Mexico, near San Francisco Del Rincón. We asked around for a lawyer who does official translations. He/she will ask you to leave the document(s) or copies for a few days. There is a fee. I don't recall how much it was, but it didn't seem prohibitive. I imagine that getting an English to Spanish translation would be similar, but I'm not sure.

Good luck:)