Mover from northeastern USA to small village in Valencia

I live in Rochester NY and am purchasing a fully-furnished house in the small village of Salem (Valencia) in September. I have read absolute horror stories about international movers/shippers and hope someone can suggest a good company to pack and ship a relatively small quantity of household goods. Most will go by sea (including books, a few small pieces of furniture, non-essential clothing, and various other household goods), and some by air (essentials I will want to arrive quickly). I would want a service here in USA that will professionally pack my things - I do have some delicate glassware, electronics, etc. that need to be packed carefully. The only mover I've seen well-recommended so far is United Van Lines. Has anybody used them? Also, I am looking at Schumacher Cargo Logistics - anyone used them, and what has been your experience?

Another wrinkle:  My townhouse is in a narrow plaza that cannot accommodate a large truck (so far as I know).  The volume of my goods will be rather small, would easily fit into a small van.

Many thanks!!

Tina Weymann

hello Tina-
We just moved some of our personal goods from Chicago, IL to Barcelona.  We used Laser International World Wide Moving and Storage.  They are based out of Chicago but work with partners on the coasts.  They have been excellent.  They came and packed up our stuff, shipped it out mid-April, and it arrived here (BCN) end of May.  They provide door-to-door service.  They can ship full "containers" or shared so can accommodate smaller load.  I hope this helps.

best-
Burke