Visa for newborn to enter UK

Hi there, I'm looking to head back to the UK with my newborn, we have her official birth certificate from the sangkat and hopefully have her Cambodian passport in a month or so, after this what visa should I apply for and where to allow entry to the UK? The Phnom Penh embassy phone number is all automated so I have had no help there.
TIA.

Hello.

You should inquire at UK Immigration, as you enter the UK and want to have a UK visa.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Sorry Joe you'll have to be more specific and add detail please.. I know the UK does not allow visa on arrival for Cambodian citizens and I don't like the idea of having a 17 hour flight back to the UK to get refused and have to come back here again with a 6 month old... So go for it what do you mean?

You don't get it.

You want to enter the UK.
So you need to know the conditions and rules of the UK Immigration, right?

I cannot give that, this is the Cambodia forum.

So  again, get in touch with the UK Immigration and find out how to enter your baby, what papers needed etcetera. Only they can supply you with the relevant information.

Good luck.

Joe

Well I was hoping to hear from someone with experience and then ill double check it prior.
It's that simple really,
Saying check 'at' and not 'with' UK immigration implies I should be doing it well... AT UK immigration which I believe is in the UK so i understood it wrong because it wasnt written correctly so asked for detail.
Secondly it's good to talk so to hear how everyone has gone about this as I'm sure I'm not the first would be nice to know, I'd find it interesting to hear how easy or hard this may or may not be as the gov.uk website isn't giving me much back about my current situation.... hence the initial question.. So to clarify.. I have tried to check with UK immigrations website but I'm not finding the information specific to the question I asked...

You still don't get it, do you?

Splitting hairs over the use of "at" or "with" doesn't bring you further.

One more time:

You are here on the Cambodia forum, where you can get all info re visas for Cambodia.
You will not find info re visas to the UK here.

So get in touch with any UK authority that will provide you with the relevant information.

I think, apart from the UK Embassy in Phnom Penh, you could contact VFS.Global and/or GOV.UK.

Believe me, you won't find a UK citizen, member of Expat.com, who has returned or traveled to the UK with a 6 months old baby. You will have to find the information yourself and it's not really that complicated.

Good luck.

Joe

Hi Camboisla

From your post, am I right in assuming that you are a UK citizen? If so, you can apply for a UK passport for your daughter based on your nationality. You can find all the information you need and the documents required at https://www.gov.uk › Passports, travel and living abroad › Passports. Once you have all your documentation, you should contact [email protected] for an appointment in Phnom Penh to submit all your documentation. The whole process takes 5 - 6 months. I'm sorry, but I don't know the procedure for applying for a visa based on the child's Cambodian passport. Obviously, things would be much easier if she had UK citizenship.