Dealing with loneliness in Qatar

Hello,

Expatriation can be a fun and exciting adventure, but it can also be a bit lonely at times. Please share with us some tips for dealing with loneliness.

What are some potential factors that lead to loneliness when moving to Qatar?

How do you deal with feelings of loneliness?

Is it easy to expand or create a social network in Qatar?

Are there any activities or events that encourage social meet ups and networking opportunities?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Dear Priscilla

Please be inform that am really lonely here because i cant find my soul mate in Qatar.

Is this somekind of survey for starting up a social network? Qatar is an open country and people feeling lonely here is because their nature, not searching for entertainment or any Adventure. This place is filled with everything only you have to search for it with full efforts. I enjoy it here i am living to the max except for this is a very small country. Comparatively other Arab countries are much more strict on rules but here until whatever you enjoy is legal its fine with them.

social networking  and activities  have nothing to do with feeling  of loneliness, its 2 different categories, like comparing restaurants with cars.

u can do nothing, but u don't feel alone, and you can spend 24 hours mingling and still feel alone.

Hi Everyone ,

Loneliness is a topic that needs to be talked about.

I am a Sri Lankan  Living in Qatar for about A Year and Half.
Life in Qatar is good Nothing to complain about.  Every corner you find nice places that you can Dine in. Streets are alive day and night.

But after sometime life can get bored and lonely.  If effected me so badly i was on the verge to go back to my country. But i didn't.

It was winter and i liked the weather. I bought a Bicycle and all the needed gear. I started cycling all over Qatar. I have been to every corner in Doha.  I just look around and cycle. Cycling made me get rid of the loneliness and stress.
Winter Passed and i had to stop cycling , Because it gets so hot you might get dehydrated and collapse.
Mean While i applied for my Driving License ( Its Important in Qatar ) and now i drive around which i don't enjoy much.

I need to find something that will keep me occupied. I watch Foot Ball but that doesn't seem to help me get rid of the stress. I think i need to meet People make new friends, Join in some club..... I need to figure something out !!!!   

i would suggest whoever is reading this to make friends as much as possible and do something that will keep you occupied.

TC

Hi Everyone ,

Loneliness is a topic that needs to be talked about.

I am a Sri Lankan  Living in Qatar for about A Year and Half.
Life in Qatar is good Nothing to complain about.  Every corner you find nice places that you can Dine in. Streets are alive day and night.

But after sometime life can get bored and lonely.  If effected me so badly i was on the verge to go back to my country. But i didn't.

It was winter and i liked the weather. I bought a Bicycle and all the needed gear. I started cycling all over Qatar. I have been to every corner in Doha.  I just look around and cycle. Cycling made me get rid of the loneliness and stress.
Winter Passed and i had to stop cycling , Because it gets so hot you might get dehydrated and collapse.
Mean While i applied for my Driving License ( Its Important in Qatar ) and now i drive around which i don't enjoy much.

I need to find something that will keep me occupied. I watch Foot Ball but that doesn't seem to help me get rid of the stress. I think i need to meet People make new friends, Join in some club..... I need to figure something out !!!!   

i would suggest whoever is reading this to make friends as much as possible and do something that will keep you occupied.

TC

I need more than just going home to an empty flat and watching TV. The men here are hopeless.