Dealing with loneliness in Kuwait

Hello,

Expatriation can be a fun and exciting adventure, but it can also be a bit lonely at times. Please share with us some tips for dealing with loneliness.

What are some potential factors that lead to loneliness when moving to Kuwait?

How do you deal with feelings of loneliness?

Is it easy to expand or create a social network in Kuwait?

Are there any activities or events that encourage social meet ups and networking opportunities?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Dealing with loneliness in Kuwait? 

1.  Get involved.  Get involved with a social group consisting of your peers.  Start a group if you can't find one.  Malls. beach walks, cook outs, social gathering just to talk.  The list of potentials is long. Think, engage, and discover.  It's exciting and cures the "blues" we sometimes experience from prolonged separation from our home country.

2.  Get involved.  There are some interesting groups in Kuwait that are worth exploring.  Seek them out and visit or join.

3.  Get involved.   Ask your sponsor to assist you in finding a native Kuwaiti willing to speak with you in Arabic and help you learn the language.  Learning a new language, especially the dominant language of where you are living/working, opens many, many doors in terms of social interaction.

4.  Get involved, get involved, get ....

It's difficult to feel lonely when you are actively engaging another human being. Isolating in your flat after work is a sure way to feel bummed out over time.  Go for it!!!

Typed - Not Proof Read

Hi,

I am no more lonely, i have joined FQ8 Photography Club....
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FQ8clubkuwait/

Well, the term excitement does not apply to Kuwait, however in order to fight the loneliness and blues in Kuwait which was almost killing me literally, I joined sports groups, starting by running which lead to a bike group, which eventually lead to triathlon group, different competitions and lot of enjoyment or on a real term escape time from life inside Kuwait, however this sport escape method is sometimes is expensive, but it helped me a lot

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : expat.com is not a dating website

Hi! Talking from experience... some people can make life hard for you but being alone is not something, or nothing. You need to get out of any rat hole you find yourself in.
I was at breaking point in Kuwait, and those who were victims of discrimination found it very hard to trust, which made life even worse; but it is my belief that you need to find the strength to hold onto something within you, that is far more important than pain, It is never the end. First, you must believe in yourself, love yourself and know who you are. Never mind that you are in a foreign country, find a loop in you life, a tre brunch, rope to hang onto. We all have rights, not to be judged, and to have good health. One thing that did help me stay strong, was my qualification which was better than my  perpetrators, also the fact that I Loved my job and my clients (being the children I taught), no one would ever touch that part of me. Those who were in the wrong would never put their hands up to what they were doing because the consequence for them would be worse. Personally my rock was my God, I had help to stay strong, this is not necessary what's best for all, but a combination of factors encouraged me.
What is important is finding like minded people, hold your head high and move on from the hurt... your family is miles away and you feel lost. I say NO!!! to that. Join up to InterNations; find like minded people and move on, I never looked back, and never even talked to anyone in the organisation about my feeling, I was having to much of a good time, it was heaven sent.
InterNation has many like minded people as well as those who just did'nt like being by themselves. There is do many different groups, different activities, you will certainly meet like minded people no matter which group you joined. You can also take from it what you want, more importantly the healing.
Hope this helps because the transition from bad to good was a massive overwhelming moment for me.

How do you join internations ie how do i contact them?

How can anyone feel lonely :/ !!??

But anyways, try to keep yourself engage in what you like to do and dont give yourself time to be alone. (I agree so some people its not easy)

Hi, sorry about the delay in replying. All you need to do is look them up, try them out but it cost to get outing cheaper.

hi ,
loneliness's killing here because 90% of people just have a working life and they do not do any kind of entertainment ,
but in my case i have some friends but we are not in the same wave, they like to spend time between restaurants and coffee shops and i that thing i don't like to do

so,,
i step back and i start to have fun with my self by :

hiking between 2 or 3 area
fishing
go shooting
riding motorcycle
play music and etc

sometimes i feel very lonely but from inside i feel great because i do what love to do in any time i want to do.