EU Long term residence permit Italian Language Test

My name is Diane I am from South Africa and my husband and I are retired.   We are both on South African passports.  We own a property in Mondovi, North West of Italy and have lived here on and off for 8 years.  Every two years we have to reapply for our permesso Di soggiorno's and are given a further two years.  This year when renewing at the Questura in Cuneo the very helpful policeman said that to qualify for a long term residence permit we would need to pass an Italian language test.

My question is - has anyone on this forum done this test and if so how difficult is it?  And where can I find a sample of this test so that we can prepare ourselves?

Thank you

Diane

Hi there,
Not sure if you got your reply to your post yet, but in any case yes, there is a language test to apply for residency in Italy. I am a tutor of Italian as a foreign language, and rest assured this isn't a difficult test. The level is A2 on the CEFR - Common European Framework of References for languages (A1 is the lower level C2 the highest).
There are different ways to obtain the certificate, there might be centres where you live where you can attend a course and take the exam. Or you can find a tutor, then just take the test. I have prepared quite a few students for the test, and it's pretty simple.
Look at Almaedizioni.it, plenty of learning resources there.
Good luck!
Monica