Baby deliver in Brazil

Hi,
               My wife and I are planning to visit Brazil and deliver our first baby there, in order to get the Brazilian passport for the baby and the Permanent residency for both of us. If things go well, we will relocate to Brazil also.

We are planning the visit once 2 months in advanced the expected baby date and stay there till the baby is born and the passport is issued for him.

I have 2 questions:

1-Should I prepare/arrange any paper prior our arrival date? Like the RNE? Or it's all after we're there.

2-How much time required for us to stay at Brazil to issue the new passport for the baby and apply for the Permanent Residency?

3-We are planning for a natural birth. Not the C section. Do you recommend the public hospitals or the private?

Thank you very much,

And appreciate your help!

Please don't be a burden on the Brazilian tax payer. Pay for your own birth. Also be aware that if you over stay the Visa it's R$100 a day fine up to a max R$10.000 per person. Although it's not illegal what you are doing, it's just wrong to take advantage of another country.

Craig, I regret for your disappointing reply. I don't know how you got your conclusion about the topic.

1- I am not gonna let someone pay for my own family. Never will, dont you worry about it.
2- I am not a burden by any means. And I have a professional job, that I'm sure pass over your dreams.
3- Its good if I'm paying fines, a lot can get their salaries, right? Why do you mind it?!
4-You have not answered any of my questions related to my topic.

Shallow

1.  There are documents that you will need to process the permanency for both you and your wife. You can go to pf.gov.br to find them.  You will need to collect the documents prior to arrival

2. The passport should not take too long usually a few days. It varies from city to city.
Jim

Thanks Jland for you reply. Can you please name which forms to fill? And how can I submit them?

shallow wrote:

Craig, I regret for your disappointing reply. I don't know how you got your conclusion about the topic.

1- I am not gonna let someone pay for my own family. Never will, dont you worry about it.
2- I am not a burden by any means. And I have a professional job, that I'm sure pass over your dreams.
3- Its good if I'm paying fines, a lot can get their salaries, right? Why do you mind it?!
4-You have not answered any of my questions related to my topic.

1. Good, glad you will not be a burden.
2. Good, my dreams are pretty well set at this point in my life!
3. If you are paying fines it means you are breaking the law...not good. Don't break laws of other countries.
4. I will not answer any of questions because what you are doing is wrong.

I've spent sometime in your home country...not too bad of a place. Why are you running away from it?

Craig,

I'm not breaking the law by any means. I am going for the rights granted under Art. 226 of the Federal Constitution.

You cannot judge people from behind a screen, you cannot assume they're breaking the law, you cannot assume they're a burden on countries or anyone.

If you wish to help, I will appreciate it. But otherwise, I dont need your reply to my topic. Thank you.

Viva Brasil and Brazil law!

shallow,

As Jim said, your best bet is to check the Federal Police website:  document requirements can change, and we're all volunteers here, and can misinterpret the requirements.  The Federal Police can also request additional documents at any time.
Anything you read here, you should double- and triple-check against Brazilian Government sources. 

On that understanding, the documents you will need will almost certainly include:
1. Completed application form (online)
2. Proof of payment of application fees.
3. Birth certificate of your Brazilian-born child
4. Authenticated copies of birth certificates of your non-Brazilian children who live with you, if any.
5. Declaration that your children are financially dependent on you, with a signature recognized in a Cartório in Brazil.
6. Authenticated copies of ID cards or birth certificates for you and your wife, showing the names of your and her parents.
7. Authenticated copies of all pages of your passport and your wife's passport.
It is unclear to me whether you need criminal background checks for yourself and your wife.  In most cases of permanent residency, these are required, so it would be a very good idea to have them.

Saudi Arabia is not a signatory to the Apostille Convention, so all of these documents will need to be legalized by a Brazilian Consulate there for use in Brazil.  The Consulate staff will immediately recognize them as requirements for permanency, not for a tourist visa.  They may do nothing; on the other hand, they may decline to legalize the documents, or they may cancel your tourist visas.  There is no appeal from their decision.

When you get to Brazil, all documents will need to be translated into Portuguese by a Sworn Translator prior to being presented to the Federal Police, and any copies will need to be authenticated in a Cartório.

I hope that you and your wife have done your research, have some understanding of Brazilian culture, and some certainty that you want to be part of this country.  Brazil is very, very different from anything in your experience, and very far away from everyone and everywhere you've ever known.  It would be a shame to go to all this work and expense, only to end up hating it and leaving.

Thank you Abthree for your great assist. Appreciated.

Regards

Omar Alabbasi wrote:

No, the documents need to be legalized by the Brazilian Embassy in his country before he leaves.  The Federal Police will only accept the Brazilian Embassy's confirmation from a country not part of the Apostille Convention.

It's up to the Federal Police whether there are issues or not with the application.

The child is a citizen as soon as s/he is born.  The parents can apply for the child's passport any time after they have the official birth certificate, I believe.  Passports are also requested from the Federal Police.  Wait times are variable, and can be long.