90 Day Visit Social Pass (Third time?)

Hello,

I am UK citizen. I visited MY on a 90 day visit social pass on September 2017. I stayed for 89 days, and went to Thailand for 2 months. I came back to MY in February from Thailand, and got stamped the same, stayed for 89 days, I then came back to Thailand, and currently will be staying another 2 months. Can I do this a third time in July, get another 90 day stamp with no problem?

I hoped to see more of Malaysia before I go home.

I want to know also

I don't think you will have a problem because you are outside Malaysia for 2 months at a time. What immigration look for are short absences (visa runs) which imply a person is living in Malaysia without a formal Pass (Employment, LTSVP, MM2H, etc.)

Alright :) Thank you for your reply. I forgot to visit Ipoh last time :P

If you haven't already visited, you could combine Ipoh with Pangkor Island, Taiping and Kuala Sepetang

Yes I will be exploring all of Perak, thanks for the tips, I will check them out :)

I'm in the same situation. Is it mandatory to stay out of the country for 2 months?
I've already applied for the MM2H, just waiting to get that approved. I haven't done a "visa run" yet, but was planning on staying a couple of weeks out of the country, not a full 2 months if possible.

The latest news was that 7 days outside was required if leaving between 80-90th day (3 days if leaving up to 80th day). But new government may mean new standing orders.

Thanks Gravitas, that is more manageable. Fingers crossed they are a bit lenient.

My bf stayed in Singapore a few days longer than the 3 and 7 days (as per the <80, 80-90 days advice) but was turned away at klia2 the 2nd time. prior to that, he did 3-week trips back home and to the US. I guess they just saw it as a visa run as it was still a relatively short time whereas you are out for 2 months at a time. Immigration officers told me they like to see at least 1-2 months stay in your home country... Also, they didn't care that he had an ongoing visa application as it doesn't show up on the system unless it's rejected or approved.

Do note that many airlines are also now asking to see a return ticket (out of Malaysia) before they check you in for flights going to Malaysia. We are still wondering if the airline is going to ask us this if we show our marriage certificate (can't get the spouse LTSVP visa yet until 6 months cooling period is over) - guess I need to call the airline.

Hmm that is troubling. I do have a form where it shows me and my wife are applying for the MM2H.

What happened after your boyfriend was turned away, did he get a ban or was he just allowed to come back in again on another time?

Not sure if the problem lies in arriving at KLIA2 (low cost carrier terminal) as it seems not to be an isssue at KLIA from what I have heard.

I did a visa run to come back into Malaysia to get my MM2H (I was formerly a resident but had to give up that status to apply for the MM2H). I arrived at KLIA2 and even though I showed on the government database that I had approval and would need to collect the Outline Acceptance from my property in KLCC, it took a bit of explaining and a couple of supervisors to get the entry stamp.

Yes the airlines are getting tough as they lose revenue providing fights for people given DNL (do not land) and being deported.

In Penang after a DNL the person has to be outside Malaysia for 30 days..

I think since you're not doing quick-ish visa runs, you may be ok... i think it was the last 2 shorter singapore trips of around 1 week, plus the fact that he was always here for 80 days even though there were longer trips home/abroad in between, and had done it for exactly a year. He was given a Not-To-Land stamp and forced to go back to singapore, and at singapore they forced him to buy a ticket back to Europe (gave him only 3 days visa in order to buy some warm clothes for freaking sub-zero weather). He didn't get a ban though, just a denial of entry - but it stays on your record forever.

He managed to come back after almost 2 months. But mainly because we got our marriage application documents in order and I accompanied him at the airport to present all this. When he flew back in, this time to KLIA (a week short of 2 months after the NTL), he couldn't clear the standard counters due to the NTL stamp which still shows up in the system. We had to go to the immigration office at klia airport and get approval from the officer there. Showed them a cover letter from me stating I will be supporting him during his stay and request for his entry (to get married), some civil status documents and outgoing ticket dated before the end of 90 days. Officer was satisfied and gave him the usual 90 days single entry visa. Phew.

There is no official cooling period after an NTL. I got information ranging from 10 days to 3 months. Frankly, if he had come back to the country himself and without the marriage documents, I think he would have been rejected again. An officer at Putrajaya told me that if I accompany him at immigration, then should be no problem (this was 2 weeks after the NTL), as long as we have a valid reason. I know this isn't so relevant for you guys, but just throwing it out there in case anyone else is in the same pickle!

I would say if ever called to the office, be nice but persistent, don't be shy to ask questions (if I had quickly gotten in there and opened my mouth, I might have been able to save my bf from getting the NTL, but instead waited for them to hand us our fate!). Speaking Malay helps with these officers, I suspect because their English sucks, so they would rather not talk to you. They really give everybody in that room a hard time, and there is a non-stop stream of people getting turned away. The KLIA office wasn't so much better attitude-wise, but definitely was less busy than klia2.

Good luck and I hope the MM2H comes through ASAP!

Thanks for all the insights! I think I should be ok, this is my second "visa run" and I'll be out for 1,5 months. They haven't asked me anything yet, but I have only gone through KLIA with malaysia airlines. They did ask my wife last time what she is doing here though (her 3rd visa run since she only gets a 1month visa) but let her go through.

I also have the documents from the government stating that me and my wife have applied for the MM2H. I always thought it is easy to justify by stating that first I wanted to get a good feeling of MY before plunging down on the MM2H and now that has been settled I just want to look into a good place to settle down in Kuala Lumpur.

So my wife will also go back "home" for 1month in between visa runs now. It is inconvenient to say the least, but I guess MY is already quite generous with their visas. Let's hope the mm2h comes through soon :).