Looking for a service for Resident Card with a Reasonable Price

I had my Temporary  Resident Card which will expire soon.

This card was based on my Work Permit, but I want my new card will be based on marriage (with Vietnamese), hence its validity time is longer.

My last service provider was focused on companies, and their service fee for my Resident Card was 100 USD.
But they are not giving a service for card based on marriage, so I have to find another service provider.

But I couldn't find a service with a reasonable price until now. They require 3, or,4 even 5 times more than my previous fee .

Do you know any good service which you can advise with a reasonable price for renewing my Resident Card?

You don't need a service to do it, get your wife to do it. Just go to your local immigration department and apply for it, that is as long as you already have your VEC.

colinoscapee wrote:

You don't need a service to do it, get your wife to do it. Just go to your local immigration department and apply for it, that is as long as you already have your VEC.

One of the service providers said us "changing the Card from  -based on Work Permit-   to  -based on "Marriage-  is a more complicated process.. You need to go out of Vietnam and enter again with a new visa..and then you can apply for new Resident Card based on Marriage...etc"

So I thought that I need a service to guide these kind of steps.
But if it is that much easy process I will be happy very much..

Do you have your own experience about it? or ..?
Some more details will be appreciated..

If you have a VEC already no need for a new visa as that is your visa. Be careful of agents, they tend to tell lies.

All you need is a VEC if you are married to a Vietnamese, there's no TRC that is based on Marriage, only for work and Business, VEC can give you 5 yrs and then you can renew it after.

Allan Gem wrote:

...there's no TRC that is based on Marriage...

This is not correct.
Foreigners who are married to a Vietnamese citizen can apply for a TRC.

I used a agent and payed $500. One week later I got the 3 year TRC (type TT).
As already other have posted in this thread, if you don't use an agent the price is deeper.

Update:
According this https://immigrationservices.com.vn/viet … ence-card/, a TRC type TT can be applied with a visa type TT. But I had a 3-months multiple-entry tourist visa DL for the wedding.
Maybe that's a reason why you better use an agency and pay some $ more.

Andy Passenger wrote:
Allan Gem wrote:

This is not correct.

As already other have posted in this thread, if you don't use an agent the price is deeper.

500$ for 3 years TRC?  that's too high even you are married to Vietnamese?

Allan Gem wrote:

All you need is a VEC if you are married to a Vietnamese, there's no TRC that is based on Marriage, only for work and Business, VEC can give you 5 yrs and then you can renew it after.

TRCs are available for work / business, and also for immediate family members (parents, spouses, children) of Vietnamese citizens.

VEC is good for 5 years but you still have to exit every 180 days or apply for a new stamp, the later may or may not available when you need it.  You don't have to exit with TRC.

Allan Gem wrote:

I think you should read this

https://www.google.com.vn/amp/www.antla … m.html/amp

Contem talk wrote:

500$ for 3 years TRC?  that's too high even you are married to Vietnamese?

I updated my previous post and added a link.
Scoll down and select the link "fees".

According this calculation:
- A TRC TT, applied with a visa TT, is about $250.
- A TRC TT, applied with a visa DL, is about $800.

So I think the price is dependent on what citizen the applyer is and what visa he have.

A 3-year TRC done on a VEC from marriage is 150usd. This, of course, is open to the interpretation of who is doing this and where it's being done.

Check out post number 4 on this thread.....https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=541937

Nedd wrote:

I had my Temporary  Resident Card which will expire soon.

This card was based on my Work Permit, but I want my new card will be based on marriage (with Vietnamese), hence its validity time is longer.

My last service provider was focused on companies, and their service fee for my Resident Card was 100 USD.
But they are not giving a service for card based on marriage, so I have to find another service provider.

But I couldn't find a service with a reasonable price until now. They require 3, or,4 even 5 times more than my previous fee .

Do you know any good service which you can advise with a reasonable price for renewing my Resident Card?

Hello you need to have this Documents in order to get a cheaper price but prices has change recently

Required documents for TRC 3 years:

- ID card of the wife (notarized copy)
- Wife's Registry House Book (notarized copy)
- Original Passport + Visa
- 2 Photos 2x3cm, blue background
- Marriage Certificate (notarized copy)
- Police report

Nedd wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

One of the service providers said us "changing the Card from  -based on Work Permit-   to  -based on "Marriage-  is a more complicated process.. You need to go out of Vietnam and enter again with a new visa..and then you can apply for new Resident Card based on Marriage...etc"

So I thought that I need a service to guide these kind of steps.
But if it is that much easy process I will be happy very much..

Do you have your own experience about it? or ..?
Some more details will be appreciated..

Hi,

You can ask for the service provider named “ast.com.vn”, but it will not be so cheap, this agent can tell you many steps to do to save your time.

Or your wife can do directly for you. First, you need a 5-years visa exemption  (only for marriage with Vietnamese , this visa will have “TT” code), go to Immigrant Department at 254 Nguyen Trai,D1 to do this process, 7 waiting days. After getting this visa, you need to go out of Vietnam and go back using this visa (this visa will be stamped by airport staffs) to be legal to make a temporary residence card according to your marriage with up to 3 years. The documents related to laws often change, your wife need to travel there at least once to update these documents. But the documents are always strictly required:
1. Marriage certificate
2. Your wife's ID/passport
3. Your passport/visa meets the above mentioned requirements
4. The rests are forms of the Immigrant Department.

Rgds,
Ni

And I forget one important document from your wife is: KT3 (residence book - if she is not Saigon  people). If she has no residence book, it is pointless to apply for a visa at HCM Immigrant Department. She can only aply for you at her hometown.

Andy Passenger wrote:
Allan Gem wrote:

This is not correct.

Update:
According this https://immigrationservices.com.vn/viet … ence-card/, a TRC type TT can be applied with a visa type TT. But I had a 3-months multiple-entry tourist visa DL for the wedding.
Maybe that's a reason why you better use an agency and pay some $ more.

Hi Andy

Thanks for the information, and just ask my friend about the price for it
She Quoted for $450 if complete Documents

Allan Gem wrote:

Thanks for the information, and just ask my friend about the price for it
She Quoted for $450 if complete Documents

Nedd seems to has a TRC type LD for 1 or 2 years.
So the application to a TRC type TT for 3 years costs $450.

This is also the result of the calculation from the service http://ext.visavietnamonline.com.vn/home.

I never went through the procedure of this service, but I don't think you have to leave and re-enter Vietnam (as others claim).

Yesterday I went to Department with my wife and officer told that ;

At first my wife must fill some documents and finally she will make an official request about my coming to Vietnam.
And then I must exit from country and enter again with this document.
Then we can apply for Temporary Resident Card for 3 years depends on marriage.

I am already here, I am already married..but now I must exit ..Very good :(

By the way, there are many information flying around....Some companies told me "you can have 10 years Permanent Resident Card" (and written on internet in some pages too)
Somebody is telling about 5 years is possible..etc...etc

I asked these things and officer answered -with an arrogant style- as
"Who said these things? There is NO other way.... I am here doing this job, I know this issue ! .. Only 3 years TRC is possible.. !"

The permanent 10 year visa is hard to get. The TRC is 3 years, and yes you must leave the country to activate any new visa.

You have posted on the Saigon forum, its easy to leave and re-enter from Saigon. Just go to Moc Bai border gate and return. Total time should be about 6-8 hours.

My friend and I 've come to the Immigration already. The place was packed. You have to prepare lots of docs and it have to be notarized , translated into Vietnamese. Spending to much time for waiting. We decide to find out some agents in Hochiminh city to ask  about the case and docs. We asking 1 agent in District 10 which we used to get Vietnam visa last time , they explain the case that If you are holding WP which valid, you can apply for TRC with 400 USD . We've sent all docs to them and waiting for the result .
PermanentRC is really really hard to get it. If you are in normal case, the answer is 0% to get PRC. Forget it :)

You can refer to this thread for exact documents needed:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=541937