Is Denmark the best Scandinavian country to raise kids ?

Hello,

A while ago, I had posted this question : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 89#3980578

So, my questions to this forum are :

1) Is Denmark the best country to raise kids ? ( By best, I mean, the cheapest on out of pocket expenses, has some sort of an education system which assists the kids to figure out what they want to do and excel in it, and has no or very little child crime (pedophiles and the sorts, etc)
2) Is healthcare free in Denmark?
3) Is education free in Denmark?

The kids are 3 and 1.5 respectively. In another 5 years, I want to settle down on where I want to live the rest of me life. I don't mind/care high taxes (who could tax higher than Australia anyway). It has to be a successful welfare state.

Recently, my family had to go through a bereavement and this has further augmented my need to move. I live in regional Australia - so connectivity to India was very little. Wherever we decide to move should have excellent flight connectivity to India. Copenhagen seems to be the obvious choice. However, compared to Sweden, do the populace speak English ? Is housing affordable and available ? medicare and health care ?

Cheers,

I find it impossible to rank Denmark in relation to other European countries as I haven't the necessary knowledge of the other European countries.

GP's are free in Denmark, but you have to pay more or less for medicin, dentist and other treatment.
Education is free for Danes and EU-nationals.

People speak English more or less, but you shall be prepared to learn Danish in the long run.

Housing - depends on where you settle. Affordable/available - depends on your income and how much you are ready to commute, but as a software IT engineer you should have no problem in that direction. However, as a newcomer, you shall expect to pay a high rent as only new apartments will be available.

/Nellie

Thanks for replying Nellie.