Live for $2000 per month?

Hello

We are looking to relocate from Melbourne for 3 x 3month stints next year (3 different countries, 3 months in each)

One of the places we are considering is Cuba but we just wanted to see if anyone can advise whether it's possible to live simply on $2000 USD per month including a 2bed furnished apartment near the coast and where a pleasant and safe area might be?

We will be a couple with a 3yo and a baby, we won't be working, just need a basic 2 bedroom furnished place somewhere we can relax and have some family time. We like the beach, small towns and ports, nature, not too much tourism but some expats perhaps, and just want to live like locals but somewhere nice, and learn Spanish.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I think it should be possible to live within your budget, provided you do not want to hire a car. If you have specific questions, I will be happy to asnwer as many as I can.  Best regards   Paul Harvey

I agree with Paul I would only add that It is absolutely possible to live in Cuba with your budget. Public transportation is cheap. You can look for some small places east along the coast. To give you an idea take a look on revolico. com cuban adds in Vivienda/Alquiler a extranjeros for casas. Ciao!

thank you both for your answers! Would you be able to suggest specific towns? Somebody recommended a place called santiago to me?

Rachael

Hi Ravenus. I would say forget it. I have been living here 15 years and I am thinking of moving out. Please come over for lets say 6 months.

R.

Forget about what Yuma-gringo? just move.....but where: Venezuela or Nicaragua?????

Forget about Cuba! Venezuela or Nicaragua was not the question.

cheers

ton

Yeah, I lived in Stgo for 12years, believe me, you can even make the best out of it with only 1000 USD. You only need to have someone as a refrence. I would also recommend Holguin for you. Very nice beaches Playa Pesquero, Guardalavaca, and ofcurse you can get private houses at a cost of 20cuc a day. Things are cheap, and still you can move around to visit other provinces like Santiago, baracoa, etc.