Homeschooling/ Distance Learning in Malaysia.

Hi everyone.
I'm Zaara. I'm currently living in Kuwait and will soon move to KL.
I have an eight-year-old son who's in third grade. He suffers from IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) which often makes him very weak and gets him hospitalized, for which he's not studying in any regular school but is studying through distant-learning. In Kuwait, schools allowed him to attend only the exams and provided him with syllabus materials which we taught at home with the help of a tutor.
He's a very bright child and never let his illness affect his studies.
Now I don't think Malaysia has such facilities as the international schools seem to emphasize a lot on attendance and are really expensive too. It'd be useless to get him enrolled in such expensive schools when he can't attend regularly.
So I was wondering if anyone knows any homeschooling/ distant-learning center for primary school children? I have heard about Wolsey Hall Oxford but does anybody have experience using their services?
I'm desperate for help and would really appreciate if you guys can guide me. Thanks in advance

There are lots of Home Schooling centres and it is legal to pursue this type of education so far in Malaysia. But there has been some talk about tougher legislation.

http://kiddy123.com/listing/guide/homes … McQAvD_BwE

It would be best to look for a centre in the area you intend to live in.

https://a2zhomeschooling.com/regional/a … schooling/

Do enquire about health insurance for your child (if it is possible with a pre-existing condition). It is possible for foreigners to use government hospitals but their charges are quite high too for non-Malaysians

http://www.moh.gov.my/english.php/pages/view/153

This shows the costs

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.
I'm relieved to know it's not illegal in Malaysia.
Do you know anyone/ any member here who are homeschooling their child in KL? Just asking because getting to know someone who's actually using homeschooling services would be great.
Thanks a lot again

Hello Zaara,

Hope you are well. I am looking for part or full time work at a tutor here in KL. If you would be interested in having someone tutor or help with your son's education, let me know. I have a social science degree and experience tutoring English. Willing to be flexible with hours and arrangement.

Thank you and good luck with finding a suitable school.

Sincerely,
Alex

Home Schooling is illegal in Malaysia and is not endorsed or approved by Ministry of Education.
Home schooling is only for children with learning disabilities and need to get MOE approval to offer schooling at home.
Even the CAIE Malaysian office has confirmed that home schooling centres are illegal in Malaysia.
And International schools in Malaysia is not authorised by MOE to register any private candidates to sit for IGCSE examinations in any International schools in Malaysia. MOE policy announced in June,2018.
This is a ruling by the Malaysian government and IGCSE exams will soon come under the preview of the MOE Examination Syndicate.
MOE is now closing down all tuition centres providing IGCSE classes full day and not registered with CAIE UK and Malaysian MOE .
Teachers working in Home Schooling are not licenced by MOE and do not have the necessary teaching qualifications to teach IGCSE students.
Anyone who have queries on this please call MOE Malaysia - 603- 88849536.