Extension of spouse stay

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have read your answers where I got lot of important information from your replies.

I have WP and we got type D visa. Here,  my visa is valid till 20 April 2019 while my wife's visa is valid till 31 January 2019 (180 days only).

As per your replies, we must apply for Residence permit (and we will do that together). Here my questions are,

1. Even though, my wife's visa is only for 180 days Can she live with me after 31 January 2019 based on RP?
2. Does RP and WP has same validity?

In April 2019 when my employer will renew the WP we will renew our RP(I got this important information from your replies).

I remain in anticipation of your kind advice.

Yours faithfully,
Dipeshkumar Mistry

1. Yes. Once a person gets the RP, visa validity is not relevant anymore.
2. Normally yes. Both are issued for one year and renewed yearly.

And yes, when your employer renews the WP, you renew your RP based on that and once your RP is renewed, you renew the RP of your dependent based on your renewed RP. Commune/townhall will guide you what all documents are required for the renewal.

Thank you very much Aneesh for valuable guidance.
Your advice and instructions help us a lot.

Have a Nice Day!

Dear Sir/Madam,

As per government rules, I must to register to local commune (for RP card) with in 8 days of arrival to Belgium. But I already book 1 month stay via AirBnb, additional they charge 2 months of deposit and one month extra to create apartment contract. Actually, I don't have that much money (only 1000 Euro) and waiting for my first salary.

Is it possible to register bit later (around 30 days and I'm not going to leave country until completion of registration)?
What are implications if start registration but later?
Is there any alternate way to postpone registration?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
Dipeshkumar

If you decide to live in the same area as you currently live, you can go to the commune now and tell them that you are looking for an apartment and the contract will be ready in a month or so. They will give you an appointment for a month later so you have your contract etc ready.