Road Trip from Riyadh to Dubai

Good afternoon fellow expats,

Me and and a couple friends are planning a road trip to Dubai, UAE from Riyadh, KSA in the next couple of days. I am planning to take my fathers PERSONAL car (the car is under his name) as the means of transport for this trip. I am a GCC resident with a dependent IQAMA, however I plan to travel using my Passport to reduce the hassles of border control. Both me and my father are under the same sponsorship, however we are both dependents under my mom's IQAMA.

Since I am not listed as a second driver for the car, I simply wanted to know what the procedure is for taking my fathers car outside KSA.

Do i need a special document from the Police department or a simple old school "Authorisation" paper: "I blah blah blah with IQAMA Number blah blah have authorised my son blah blah to drive car number blah blah....."?

What is the process of passing through the KSA/UAE border control of a car not under my name and what are the documents needed?

Also where may I find the SALIK Tags for the toll system in UAE? And do I need them since I will only be staying for a maximum of 4 days?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Yours,
Ebrahim

Thats should be fun especially if you planing to do it in Winter .

We plan on doing it in in a couple days :P