Best season to move to Romania

Hello,

Many expats choose to move to Romania at a specific time of the year, and we invite you to share some tips about the best seasons to move to the country.

What is the best season/time of the year to move to Romania, and why?

How do rent prices fluctuate based on the different seasons?

Is there a change in the job market depending on the seasons, such as job availability?

Are there any seasonal festivals or cultural events that would allow you to learn about the country?

What are the times of year to avoid for expatriation to Romania?

During which season did you move? How did it go?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Very often, especially if one has been offered a job it is the prospective employer who decides when you will need to move. However, if one has the option:

Q1. What is the best season/time of the year to move to Romania, and why?
A1. Either spring or early autumn. Good climate, not too hot, no summer rush that makes air tickets more expense and houses more expensive to rent. Also many senior managers of companies where you may apply for work often proceed on long holidays in summer period making it difficult to secure a job quickly.

Q2. How do rent prices fluctuate based on the different seasons?
A2. Rentals in winter are cheaper. Autumn can be a good time to negotiate a good price 10-15% cheaper. Also, with more apartments vacant, a greater choice.

Q3. Is there a change in the job market depending on the seasons, such as job availability?
A3. Don't know. But for serious and well paid jobs, I doubt it.

Q4. Are there any seasonal festivals or cultural events that would allow you to learn about the country?
A4. Surely, but who has the time to go visit distant places in Romania and learn, if working!

Q5. What are the times of year to avoid for expatriation to Romania?
A5. If you have a firm job offer, any time is good. If for the joy of living in RO, then avoid summer months May to Aug. (Too hot and all public places crowded.)

Q6. During which season did you move? How did it go?
A6. I moved in March. Spring time in RO is beautiful, especially Dubrogea area! I was sponsored by my employer who catered to all administrative requirements; so all was OK.

The best to everybody!