Is violation of the immeration law a criminal or civil matter.

I don't know. In America overstay comes with a 5 year no retry. If you enter America without visa it is criminal act.
Anyone with legal knowledge about the laws in RD know about this question  ? I am not referring to the actual enforcement of these violations , that goes beyond the scope of the question.

Why would you even bother with what the actual law says if you tacitly admit that they're never really enforced anyway?

I was looking for an educated response. Thank you

Ahhh OK, so you're writing a term paper or something and not concerned with reality.

I think the poster is very clear they are looking for an actual answer from someone with the knowledge, Colonel, regardless of enforcement, not the sassy B.S. you normally respond with.

Uncle, you have voiced the thought of many, many members, thank you. I have a real problem keeping my thought to myself regarding this. Perhaps someone will be able to provide the requested information. We have as yet never read a truly cogent post without some measure of vitriol from that particular member.  I realize that I'm off topic, I almost apologize tor that.  Thanks Buck for broaching the subject.

Yes , bringing concrete information to people that plan on coming to RD is the objective. There are numerous people making life time plans through the immigration process who need facts . I myself will not read his posts anymore. I find them so toxic and infantile as well as attention seeking, offering little insight into the evolution of the República Dominicana which aspirants need to know to plan thier lives...

I cannot disagree with your comments!

Nor can I offer specific actual responses to your question!

So, I will wait to see if anyone knows.

Here's another idea guys, if there are two choices, and you ask 5 lawyers, you'll probably get 5 answers to it.   We often see that that people submit conflicting answers from those who are supposed to know, lawyers, gov. offices etc.  It's latin america, not Kansas.

It is just a ploy folks. It too shall pass ............ like sh*t down a 4" pipe.  ( minimal code diameter)  in this case at least a 10" sanitary line is required.          A gringo with a Domincan wife & kids is coming in a couple of weeks with his family.  For many years would visit several times a year, paying the over stay fees. It will be interesting to see i he has any problem.  I will keep you posted.

Thank you , maybe a lawyer will chime in as time allows.

I hope so.