Job seeker

Hello everyone i am living in South Africa and iv'e been thinking about moving to Netherlands with my boyfriend for a while now anywhere but South Africa really , We need a future and we can't have one in SA there is no future for white people in SA . our land is in so much danger i don't even now where to begin it's been going on to long and it will never stop right now i work as a office admin and my salary is about R3500 a month thats 236,23 Euro and 276,24 $ dollar . that is not much and with that little of money we need to buy groceries and pay the rent , my boyfriend studied I.T but didn't finished the last course because they where busy wasting his time and money the course should've been finished in a years time and it still went on a year later so he asked his money back and didn't even get it back he had a job in IT a few months back but they let him go cause there isn't work SA its a real struggle the here no future  i'm sending this message to ask anyone do you know of any  I.T jobs  even willing to teach even more about I.T and programming all of that  will really help and i would really appreciate it a lot he has some experience in I.T but i heard it's real hard to get a job in netherlands if you can't speak dutch anywhere but SA please help us , if you don't belive me you can go check for yourself on the internet thanks   

Nicole

Hi Nicole and welcome to the Forum.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues in South Africa; it can't be a nice way to live and you're not the first person to come on here telling us similar things.

To begin, at the top of the page is our Handy Tools link, if you select that, you'll get access to our expat guides, they will give you access to articles written to help you plan your journey.

My personal opinion is that on the face of it, you'll struggle in the Netherlands.  The Dutch are big on qualifications and neither of you appears to have any; the people you will be competing with are Dutch kids straight out of college with all the qualifications they need.  Most jobs of the kind that you will be looking for are filled by agencies and they just don't tend to respond to speculative CV's and if you phone them to ask for advice, some have even been known to hang-up on people the moment they realise they don't speak Dutch.  Also, the immigration process will slow you down, you'll both need to go through the MVV process (basically Dutch civic integration), part of which is a Dutch language exam, assuming you pass that (it's not hard), you then apply for your visa.  You could get bumped off at this stage if the Dutch government (UWV) don't think you have any chance of getting any work; the UWV have a website that offers advice on working in Holland; this link will take you to it.

I'm wondering if you'd get a better chance of coming to Holland if you applied to go to University there, which would give you entry into Holland, plus the chance of getting some recognisable qualifications at the end of it.  If this is of interest, you can check out this website.

Also at the top of this page is a link to our jobs section, I'd advise you to keep an eye on that to see what may appear.

Not sure how much I've helped you both, but I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi thanks alot i really appreciate it all , yeah i was scared of that but i was expecting that , the thing is we don't have that kind of money to study especially not for overseas , yeah it's real bad in South Africa white people don't have it easy there is no future here not fot us and not one day for our children go to the internet and google white farm murders south africa , I'm working now but will like to study for something but never knew what i wanted to study for as i knew as i child it wasn't going to happend for me . Thanks I really appreciated it
Kind regards

Nicole