Credit cards in Belgium

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good credit card in Belgium?

Thanks!

Unless you have been in a steady job for a number of years you are very unlikely to be given a credit card. Saying that they are pretty much all the same. So ask at your bank as they are more likely to give you one as they know your credit score.

Hi,

I partially agree with SimCityAT's statement. However, the situation needs to be clarified. If you register at a Belgian bank to receive your salary, in some cases in view of your contract, the bank will issue a credit card.

But there is another solution, take a prepaid credit card at the post office.

I had same experience as Phipiermar's comment.

The bank in which my salary was getting credited, offered me a credit card after a few months of stable financial records.

For your first credit card, it is always easy to get it with the bank in which your salary is credited. For the subsequent ones, as mentioned in the previous comment, your credit history will play a role.

Also, corporate partnerships (some companies have tie-up with some banks as their banking partners) can help. Such banks offer credit cards to the employees of those corporates with lesser paperwork or less stricter eligibility criteria.

Someone has recommended me this website moneysaver.be . They list a lot of credit cards here. Anyone has experience with any of the cards presented here?

It's just a comparison of credit cards. They will not be able to solve your problem.

The credit cards are quite easy to get in Belgium, I got proved for one 2 months after my first salary. Indeed [moderated] didn't get the card for me, you still need to apply to the bank but they do help navigate the offers out there. There a plenty of banks and it takes a lot of time to go to each of them. Through the website you can apply online and the banks will get in touch with you. You'll only need to go there to sign the contract if you decide to take them on their offer.

Also some banks don't even require you to get a bank account with them like Beobank.

SimCityAT wrote:

Unless you have been in a steady job for a number of years you are very unlikely to be given a credit card. Saying that they are pretty much all the same. So ask at your bank as they are more likely to give you one as they know your credit score.

This is not true, after arrival the only thing they asked me, its the salary for the last 3 months, so I only needed to wait 3 months to get my first credit card.

levalencia39 wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

This is not true, after arrival the only thing they asked me, its the salary for the last 3 months, so I only needed to wait 3 months to get my first credit card.

You need a steady job and to prove that you have an income, so it is true.

yes, but not as you said "for a number of years", only 3 months

I agree, you only need a few months of minimum salary and you can get a credit card. Admittedly, you will not have a huge spending limit but you will get without any problems 1500 - 2000 to begin with, of course afterwards, in time, you can increase your limit..and these websites that list all the available credit cards like [moderated] save you a lot of time running around from bank to bank, so in the end the process becomes a bit more manageable.

levalencia39 wrote:

yes, but not as you said "for a number of years", only 3 months

All ba<nks are different and it can also depend on what country you are from. So please don't say I am wrong when am not.

No it doesnt, if you have a good contract then with 3 months is enough in most Banks, maybe 6 maximum