Special power of attorney

Hi everyone , myself Jarnail Singh basically from Amritsar Punjab And presently working here in Muscat Oman,
I spent five years in Qatar from Feb 2009 to Jan 2014 , I need police clearance certificate from Qatar for the process I sent my Finger prints report attested from Ministry of foreign affairs of Oman and Embassy of State of Qatar, yesterday my representative (my friend) visited CID department of Qatar for applying police clearance certificate but officials their requiring power of attorney  from me . When I attested my Finger prints report from Embassy of State of Qatar I asked them for power of attorney should be required then they said it isn't required , and officials there in Qatar are asking 🙂, could someone please guide me what is the process to send my special power of attorney to my friend there in Qatar?
The matter should be on simple paper or on stamp paper ?? If someone know please help me ,it's really urgent

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Power of attorneys are executed by notary public or court officials depending on the country and the system.

What you can do is get a power of attorney made (go to a notary public or the court as the case may be), get it notarised and attested by MOFA of your current residence country and then by the Qatar Embassy in the country.  This you can then send to Qatar.  Do note that a standard power of attorney which is not attested by the Qatar Embassy in the country in which it was made, can always be rejected.

Thank you dear for your precious time, just one thing more , power of attorney should be on simple plane paper or on stamp paper??

As I mentioned, it depends on the country you are in.  In the sub-continent, it has to be on stamp paper but in UAE/Bahrain it can be given on a plain piece of paper and the notary puts their seal.  So you need to check for Oman.

Okay I am here in Oman , so I will check . Thank you so much

Hello Jarnail,
Did you completed the POA? what's the process over here in Oman, looking for your support please.

Yes I have sent POA to my friend in Qatar. First you should have your passport and Omani ID card in your hand and visit any professional typist to make your statement and go to Indian Embassy(they will charge 8 Omr) after that you visit Ministry of foreign affairs of Oman(they will charge 20 Omr) and later on visit Embassy of the country where  you want to send your your POA.

Thanks Jarnail. One thing, no need to go to Notary Public office (Oman) for any kind of attestation/Notarize the POA?

No need to get service from any lawyer or notary public ,just type a simple letter with your required statement that you want to declare(a professional typist can do) and visit Indian Embassy.

Thanks dear !!