Appointment of Consultancy Enquiry

Dear all,

Please kindly advise if it is much better if we have to (must) appoint a consultancy firm to help proceed all the necessary document with Mauritius Government. I mean for a SME or bigger corporation I would think it will be necessary to appoint an established consultant company to get through all the regulations and compliance matters. 

However, our thought is only run a small business just with two of us, plus 1 or 2 local staff.  Do we need to employ a big firm to proceed the application - Work permit/licence? The reason I am asking is I got the quotation from two companies and the cost is quite high. Each session of consultation fee is USD1,000 and USD2500 thereafter in addition to all separated work and procedure.  Also there will be an annual service fee on top etc.  I understand the cost probably is pretty standard for big company to charge.

Is it feasible to appoint smaller company or freelance consultant/accountant to guide us through the below or if there is any recommendation.

Medical check up
Opening bank account
Fill out all necessary forms
Compliance matters
Companies Registry

Many thanks
Annie

Dear Annie

You can appoint a small management company also. The price you quoted is quite high and usually this is the price per annum inclusive of the registered office, two local directors and audit fees (USD).

Regards
Ritesh