Just joined you on Expat.com

Dears,

I am Rolland, from Congo-Brazzaville, in Chad since April 2016, and leaving the country shortly in mid-July 2018.

I just would like to say thank you to the community for welcoming me on this platform and wish to stay connected with you.

All the best,
Rolland

Hi Rolland,

We are happy to have you on Expat.com :)

Since two years you are in Chad, so how is life over there ?
Feel free to tell us more about your expatriation experiences and about your future projects. Are you going back to your country in mid july?

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Hi Priscilla,

Thanks for your warming word, much appreciated.

This is my second time to Chad, the first time was from Nov. 2008 till Nov. 2009 with MSF, mainly based in the eastern part of the country, in Kerfi. It was very challenging with high security risks that time. But I did love it and came back again this time for more than 2 years being based in NDjamena, still with MSF.

This time, things are much better than before in terms of security context and quality of live, with more places to go/visit safely and more confidence on what tomorrow will look like when I wake up.

It is hot, but that is part of the deal of coming to Chad, especially between March and May. It can also be just warm during the day but need a blanket at night between December and February.

What else to say! If you come in with a mindset of staying for relatively long period, better make it your NEW HOME and stop complaining, then for sure it will be nicer to live in Chad, ready to give an important time of your life what you want to do and share with people you will find in the country, locals or guests.

Yeah, it is quite an experience, can tell more, but better to stop here for now, and would be happy to share my view of Chad with anyone who is interested to know more.

Have a great evening to the community!
Rolland

Hello...
Do I know why you are leaving ...coz I am planning to come and start some business there ..Do you like to share plz ..?