Hello everyone!

Thank you for allowing me to be part of your online community. My husband and I sold/gave away everything and moved to Cuenca, Ecuador with our toy poodle three months ago. We are all three seniors and retired. As soon as we receive our residency visas, we plan to travel around Central and South America.
One of our biggest challenges has been relearning how to cook at a high altitude and with foods different from what we are accustomed to.
We love Cuenca and moved here to live out our retirement years.
Mimi0219

Hi,

I am Cindy and have lived in Ecuador about 2.5 years.  It is different here cooking especially baking.  Hard boiled eggs is a challenge and it does take patience.  In addition, I am gluten free so now there is an additional challenge.  I have developed some recipes and I know a few things I have picked up along the way.  You can reach me at:  ***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you so much! Mucho gusto! I will be sending questions your way!
Mimi0219

Sounds good!

Mimi0219: I sent you a Private Message with some information which you might find interesting.