Driving from Canada to Belize with a trailer of belongings

I am thinking of driving to Belize from Alberta this summer with a small trailer of the last of our personal belongings. While researching on-line I keep running across sites that say I have to cross Mexico as a "transmigrante" and that a lot of things are not permitted. I cannot find any "official" information, just second hand stuff and old lists of what is permitted. The problem is that half of the belongings I want to bring are on the prohibited list. Then again, other sites say there is no problem bringing things across. I am wondering if anyone has brought personal possessions across Mexico within the past year, and if so where can one find out what can be brought. We would like to bring some hand tools, electronic tools, scaffolding, TV etc. Thanks for any info.

when at belize border, do get a broker, and yews you would have to pay in mexico too

I came across this article in the Belize.com newsletter. The article was pretty long about driving through Mexico. But it had phone numbers that maybe very helpful in your journey:

........There is a customs agent that specializes in ‘transmigrantes' – people moving to Belize through Mexico- and she is wonderful. Her name is Rocio, which is also the name of her company. I highly suggest that anyone taking stuff into Mexico use her. It is not the cheapest way though (it cost $350 for our truck and $250 for our car) but the information you get is well worth it. She has no website but here is her phone #: (956) 592-1259. You can also try (956) 592-1257. She also speaks fluent English. She explained that you could put a $500 deposit down on each vehicle that would be refunded as soon as you leave Mexico to ensure you do not sell your car there. She made a complete manifest in Spanish of our items and did all the paperwork necessary to get through. She also puts a plastic lock on your truck that shows everyone at checkpoints throughout Mexico that you are not opening your truck IN Mexico. This is very important as at almost every checkpoint we went through one of the police officers asked us to open our truck but with that plastic thing on there they won't open it. Lastly, she puts a sticker on your windshield that says you've used her services.

................I hope this helps.

Might be doing the same. From BC, when are you thinking of leaving?