Moroccan citizenship woes

I am trying to gain Moroccan Citizenship. I have been given the run around continuously. When I have fulfilled their requests for documents they create a new document they need. Then I learned that some are receiving citizenship in 8 to 10 weeks; while others who are devout Muslims 8 months to 1 year. Or their case remains open without a decision.
I have been advised that there are racial overtones in this obviously blatant process as well. Whites and non Muslim; citizenship requirements are less. Black and devout Muslims encounter stiff resistance and the run around; and as well, harassment.
I would like to find out from others if they have had similar experiences

I don't think your faith or where you are from has anything to do it. Either you qualify and meet the requirements or you don't!
I'm very skeptical of people who blame racism for their challenges. Rather than pay attention to hear say it's more productive to focus on why you're having difficulty and address them. If possible try and meet with a senior person in the office processing your paperwork and seek guidance. Avoid rumors and negative stories from other people as it will only bring you down emotionally. I find Moroccan people very welcoming and helpful. I also know that life is about give and take as it goes both ways. The way we treat others is also what we get back.

I am an African American and for you to suggest that this class of people are not discriminated against is interesting. In getting my national card I was required to do and have things others did not have to do. A parliament member became involved and settled the matter; since discriminatory tactics were used against me in this case.
We talking about government officials and not the general public. My wife is Moroccan and we have learned with evidence differences in class of people receiving citizenship verses another.
And because of the terror watch alerts devout Muslims who are not White face more scrutiny than the others, this well documented.
So I am asking others who have received their citizenship what they experienced.
I suggest you leave this topic on racism concerning African Americans alone, because even the UN has given African Americans a protect class because of historic worldwide discrimination; that my fellow African brothers in Africa don't face. But experience racism in Europe and America when they migrate there.

Hello again
As its Ramadan, a few friends, neighbors and their families often get together and break the fast on weekends. I showed your posting and reply to my comment which I had not seen to a few fellow Africans in attendance mainly from Cote d'Ivoire, Senegal, Mali, Kenya, Nigeria etc. Some of the neighbors attending are Christians but our building is very diverse so our potluck meals are open to everyone.
We had a healthy debate on our experiences in Morocco as most of those in attendance have been here from 5 to 10yrs. I wish you were in attendance as it was great to hear the views and experiences. It was also interesting and funny to see how two people could look at exactly the same thing but interpret it differently.

When asked about the challenges of living here in Morocco :

- Most people talked about trying to fit in, figuring out and navigating the local culture was a big challenge, in the beginning, As we all come from different backgrounds it was agreed this was a challenge especially when combined with learning the language.

- When asked about racism it was interesting to note that not a single person felt they were treated differently because of the color of their skin.

- When it comes to experiences with officials in government most said having to bribe and not racism was a challenge but at the same time felt in the last few years this is slowly getting better.

- Four of the people in attendance received their citizenship in the last few years. They had no complaints in the time it took to process. One person said his application took a year but he said it was due to a lost document which he had to replace.

According to you the issue you raised only happens to "African-Americans".

As Africans, we decided best we can offer you is to pray for you and wish you and your family lots of success in Morocco.

Thank you for this information, it was very helpful indeed. Right now I turned in all require papers and checks from Rabat and US. And yet the Citizenship office in Rabat ordered another investigation in Fes. Which does not make sense! for the II years here there have been no crime that have committed.
So it is clear that they are delaying my request for citizenship.

This is the same game that they played in 2007. When the Parliament got involved and found that my national Moroccan residence card was never turned into Rabat. Fes officials said that they turned my application to Rabat and after 1 year and half later, it turned out this was false.

In they year and half waiting, the police harassed me in an attempt to force me to leave. In 2008 after a Parliament member assist me and my wife in this case I received my national residence card.
and as of this date, no one seems to know where is this investigation; or the paperwork in it. The person in Rabat Citizenship office said she is awaiting Fes to turn it over to her.
So my woes continue!
I need some assistance to break threw this mess. So my citizenship application can go to the ministries for adjudication.

I would love to meet with the brothers and relate some of my experiences in Morocco. And participate in discussions as well. Just your post and comments have assisted me.
To fellowship with my African Brothers would be an honor. Please advise