Real estate agent in Krabi?

Hi,

I'll be visiting Krabi next December with an eye towards a possible future move there from Oregon. It will be my second visit, but I was only a tourist the first time. Can anyone recommend a real estate agency that would be able to show me houses and condos for sale and rent?

Thanks!

I can't help you with names but I can offer advice.
You should ignore any agents that post on this thread as, if they can't be bothered to read the forum rules, or just ignore them, can you trust them with your money?

Only Thai nationals can own a house. There are some exceptions but those exceptions come with complications.

Thanks, I know about that problem of owning land. But my understanding is I could own a structure and lease the land (although I don't know how easy it is to find that situation). And I did mention in my post that I was also looking for an office to help me find places I could rent.

don't know if this will work, but their a good realtor for all of Thailand...  though some times the branch that gets your inquiry doesn't speak English ..... here goes

https://www.ddproperty.com/en

ddproperty at guess where?

I would guess ddproperty is in Bangkok

Their a coalition of realtors. thats why you might ask for info and get a reply back in Thai and not English.  I think they are world wide but this branch is centered in Bangkok. <any realators are in the pages.

My experience tells me that you rent a place and then do your own searching for accommodation to buy ,but as said the pitfalls are many.To find a good real estate agent and then a good lawyer is like looking  for for a ring on a sandy beach.
There are many condos and houses for sale and you can bring the price down a lot if you do your own searches while in Thailand
I know i am going to be criticised for the post

Barry Taylor,

Thanks, I was assuming we would rent first to see if we are a good fit for Krabi. But I did want to get a feel for the market as a possible eventual buyer. I signed up with a Krabi real estate Facebook page so that should give me some non-agent avenues to explore.

Why do you think your post will be criticized?

Because I have no faith in most Estate agents
My experience and my job has taught me that most Estate agents only have one client and that is themselves.

I hear you Barry.

What's your job by the way?

I used to be a Fraud and Forensic investigator and I saw how many people were ripped off by unscrupulous sales people and had no recourse and had to spend thousands on either lawyers,some who ripped them off even further,or just had to accept their loss.
Usually the not so wealthy who believed in the good of all people and did not beleive they would lose out
It made me very sad when they could not be helped by the system just because they were honest

On a brighter note, I have very fine lawyer in BK who has helped me again and again. I also know a lovely couple who deal in real estate in and around Hua Hin whom i would not hesitate to deal with. Other than that, I know nothing.   dcb

Some honest lawyers were my best friends in SA and aI agree with you there are some good ones as well as estate agents but they are few and far between
They all like to work for their own pocket but we are digressing from the subject.
I apologise if i have offended any honest lawyers and Estate agents

davidcolinburt wrote:

On a brighter note, I have very fine lawyer in BK who has helped me again and again. I also know a lovely couple who deal in real estate in and around Hua Hin whom i would not hesitate to deal with. Other than that, I know nothing.   dcb

Thanks David, Hua Hin is also interesting to me, so I would appreciate if you would send me the contact info.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Interested in living in Crabi please tell me about life there houses cost people etc.

Cheers