Liminar from the justice.

Hi folks,

hope all is going good. i got one situation when i was going to make my passport. i was without my voter card. so, the PF ask me to bring a document from the justice in order to obtain my passport.
that document called mandado de seguranca. i wana ask if someone have any information about this documents please.

thanksfully,,,

Hi, Amir,

Voting is a legal requirement for Brazilian citizens under 70 years of age, whether native-born or naturalized.  You can prove that you met your obligation one of three ways:  (1.) Proof that you voted in the last election; (2.) An excuse for not voting, because of illness, for example, approved by Justiça Eleitoral; or (3.) Proof that you paid your fine for not voting.  You can obtain any of these that apply from your local Justiça Eleitoral.

Hi abthree,

I highly appriciate your reply. thanks a lot

But in my situation i got my nationality in april of this year. So when i go to make my voter card the federal system was closed since 9th may and i couldnt get it.
i wanted to travel so i went to the PF to apply for my passport and they ask me for the voter card and military certificate.
The military certificate i have but about voter card i cant make it because of the system is closed. So they ask me for this documents from the justice to get the permission to make my passport.
I already apply in DPU but i just wanted to know the time limit of in which the justice will allow me this document. If any information about this i will appriciate.

Thanksfully,,,

Hi, Amir,

I checked with my Brazilian husband -- a law student -- on this.  He explained that yes, as you say, a Mandado de Segurança has to be issued by a judge to cover the lack of a document that you need (in your case, your Título de Eleitor), but for some reason can't obtain.
Here's the rub:  unless you have a lawyer of your own pushing the process for you, there is no way of knowing when your request will be before a judge, or when s/he will act on it.  These things can take a very long time.
It's interesting that you applied to the DPU:  I wouldn't have thought that they provided this service, but if they do, that could be helpful to you.  In your place, my first move would be to go back to the DPU, and ask them when you could expect action, and how you can speed the process up, if that's possible.  I would also keep checking with Justiça Eleitoral:  it seems unusual to us that their system would be "closed"; if they can issue your document, the problem goes away, right?
If neither of those things helps and especially if you're facing time constraints, you may have no choice but to get your own lawyer to move the Mandado de Segurança for you.