I just need a visa ;)

Hello! I'm on track to have my online business my main source of income in 1-2 years. I REALLY love the Balkan countries (been to three of them). Romania is a place I'm interested in living. I'm just trying to figure out how I can make one of the Balkan countries my "home base" and travel from there semi frequently.
Can i get a visa to teach students privately on my own schedule? Money wouldn't be the motivation, I'd moreso do it for the visa (if that's possible) and for the enjoyment of it. I'm TEFL certified and experienced. I'm not shy and I have a few connections in Romania, so I'm up for the challenge of "getting" my own students. Or if there is even a lesser-known way to get a visa without the requirement of working there, or a "digital nomad" visa...
It just seems to sticky for an American to get a long term visa in some places. I know this is the Romania thread, but I'll just mention that I'm also very interested in Bulgaria and Serbia, just in case anyone has visa knowledge of those places. Possibly Bosnia, Croatia and Montenegro; but I prefer countries with large cities.

Using a TEFL certification you could find an NGO and offer your services as a part-time volunteer as a language instructor to get the required contract that would satisfy Imigrare. That's essentially what I've done, committing myself to a three day work week helping kids practise their conversation skills.

That is a great idea! Do you know of any good ones in particular? I'll of course be looking online but that's not always the best resource.

I had prior connections which smoothed the way. It depends what your talents or interests are. Are you church affiliated?

Was looking at NGO'o; so many. Definitely an area that I have very little knowledge and could use some guidance which ones would be the best ones to join for Romania but very interesting and I will have no problem volunteering 2-3 days a week like you are doing. You think joining same one you are in would be a good idea ? Did you get a chance to read the post I sent you 2-3 days ago? I do not belong to any church now but Lutheran is the church of preference (or similar).

Thank You very much

I am not church affiliated but I don't mind working through one.

Check with the Lutherans and see if they have any missions in RO that they affiliate with. Your local pastor might be able to help. With summer at hand I've heard there are many english camps around, mostly staffed by British/American college kids. Maybe they'd like an old fart around. If you don't have any contacts maybe send out an e-mail blast to offer your services and ask about longer-term opportunities

I don't have a church here in Thailand and in the US I have not attended church in a while but thank you for your advice, I'll try it .
Thank you very much.