EP approved but not joining

Hi,
I am IT professional based out in India. I have got an job offer from a consultancy company in Singapore. It was a contract job where consultancy company would deploy me at end client. After the interview process and offer they applied for my EP process. First the EP was rejected and then got approved after a successful appeal but the entire process took close to 3 months. Now the catch is when they applied for my EP initially my notice period in my current company in India was 1 months. Now after the EP is approved my notice period in my current company changed to 3 months from 1 month because my employment status changed from probation to confirmed. My prospective client in Singapore is not ready to wait for 3 more months and in all possibility my offer would be cancelled. I have below questions based on the above scenario.
1. Since I already have an approved EP, can my consultancy deploy me at any other client? Or do they need to mention the end client details while applying for EP.
2. If my consultancy decides to withdraw my EP (which looks the case now) will that impact adversaly on my future job application in Singapore and EP application in MOM.
3. Any possibility of re- appeal after EP is withdrawn.

1. An EP allows you only work for the company mentioned in it. But in case of a consulting business, the employees can of course do projects at clients' locations.

2. This depends on the reason they give for cancelling it.

3. No. If after withdrawing the company would like to hire you again, they have to apply for a new EP.

Thanks for the response. Case 2 looks a certainty now as they have stopped responding to me. Hope they provide right reason to MOM while cancelling EP. I regret the missed opportunity and still wish to work in Singapore someday.

To add into it, I must say these consultants are hiring from India or any other country at below market salary then gets 30% or more higher revenues from the client.

So, in the event of the client postponed or ceased the project then the consulting firm has no choice other than cancelling your EP (very rare occasions where they do adjust you with some other clients). Hopefully you will get a better deal and consultant in future. Good luck

Thank you for your response. True, they hire at less than market salary but in my case salary was reasonable (8K SGD per month/8yrs exp- as per my reading from internet). My only worry is, its been more than 2 weeks now and they haven's withdrawn my EP yet, It still shows 'Approved' in MoM site. Any idea generally how much time it take for EP cancellation process. Does it has any action on my side. I just hope it doesn't fall on my head with any monetary penalty as they have stopped communicating with me.

If you didn't receive IPA then shouldn't be an issue for you. But, you may reach out them once again as we never know if consultant changed it's plan or got another client, you can request them to provide an update whether they are going to withdraw the pass or not. Good luck

By right the employer should cancel the EP immediately after changing plans.
But if they don't, you can also contact MoM with proof (termination notice or similar) and request them to do it on the employer's behalf.
There will be no penalty for you, you just cannot apply for another work pass as long as the old one is pending.

Thanks for your answer. I have already received IPA which has all the details like my salary, period granted (24 months) & Employer name. It also says my employer must ask for the employment pass to be issued by 04 Nov 2018. Which if I am not wrong means I can travel to Singapore till 4th Nov 2018.

I have again sent them a note asking for update. Unfortunately it looks like recruitment process is same everywhere where candidate has to run behind these recruiters for updates and in case of these third party body vendors it is even more worst.

Hi,
Kindly confirm if you were working with Infosys when u applied for EP?