How to issue Saudi passport for my newborn in Canada?

My husband is a Saudi citizen and I am from Morocco. We both reside in KSA. We are currently visiting Canada where I will be delivering our baby in few days.

Does anyone know the procedure to follow in order to issue a Saudi passport for our newborn in Canada? How long does it take? What are the documents required...? Thank you!

If you are giving birth in Canada, I assume it is for the purpose of getting your baby a Canadian passport.  What you should be aware of is that KSA does not allow dual nationality and in fact, to get your baby a passport (if you register him as a Canadian national) would require prior approval from the Ministry of Interior.

You can, however, choose not to declare his Canadian nationality and apply for Saudi passport while keeping that secret.

The application for passport would be at the Saudi Embassy in Canada.  I suggest to approach them for the process.  But be mindful that in the US or Canada, when you apply for the passport while not being resident there, they know why you are there - so they may ask for additional verification.

http://embassies.mofa.gov.sa/sites/cana … fault.aspx

Thank you for your reply!

Being Moroccan, I think I can directly apply for the Canadian passport of the newborn without getting the MOI involved.

So if Saudi does not allow dual nationality, my kid cannot even get my Moroccan passport? How is this possible? I know plenty of people who do have 2 even 3 passports :s

The problem we are facing now is the Saudi embassy has not been responding to our emails and to the phone since several days already so we have no sure way to know the procedure to issue a passport abroad.

Maybe it would be better to apply for Saudi passport first then the Canadian and Moroccan once the Saudi is issued...such a headache...?Thanks!

Saudi doesn't allow dual nationality EXCEPT when you get prior permission OR you get the passports but don't declare your other nationality.   Most people have the passports but without declaring them to the Saudi government.  If ever discovered, it could have consequences for your Saudi citizenship.

Morocco is not an issue as it allows dual citizenship. 

Not a surprise, most government offices don't bother to pick up the phone.  Take whatever documents for yourself and your husband as you think might be required - try to anticipate.  Maybe try the Saudi embassies in other countries - process would be the same and they might be more responsive.

It is crazy that I have to apply for permission to give my kid my nationality...pfff...

Thanks for the advice i will try embassies in the USA or UK hopefully someone might be working this ramadan hahah

Do you know by any chance where we can ''get permission'' for our kid to get his mother's citizenship? how long does this process take? Thanks!

Ministry of interior.... Think its from council of ministers. I don't know the exact process.

And correction, you don't need permission to give the kids your nationality if they are not Saudi citizens. And even if they are, the permission is really to keep your Saudi citizenship - so they don't take it away for you being a dual national without permission :)