New Work Permit - New Employer

Dear All,

I have received a new job offer and resigning from present company. I understand that new employer will have to apply a new work permit for me.

what will happen to my current work permit ? Can I keep it with me or need to submit to present employer or commune or future employer(who will apply new permit) ?

Thanks

Nothing, when you get the new work permit via your new employer, the current one becomes invalid (just a piece of paper) :)  if (just in case) commune asks this back while issuing the new one, keep a copy and give them the original.

Thank you Aneesh . so employee can always keep the work permit with him/her .

No need to submit it to the employer after resignation And employer cant also force the employee to submit the work permit , correct ?

What can they or you do with that work permit ? Is becomes invalid the day you get released from that organisation. For you, you must keep a copy for your PR application later on. That is it.

In fact, you should keep all the work permits. This will be useful when you apply for your long term residency later on.

do i need to keep the original or a copy should be fine ?

long term residency after 5 years , right ?

It is good to keep the original.

Can employer force employee to submit ?

I really don't know. We may have to research on the regulations around this. If they do, you keep a copy.

But you are very clear that we don't need the original in future for applying a new permit , correct?

Not 100%. I remember when I applied for long term residency, I had to give photocopies of all previous work permits. Don't remember if they asked originals to verify.

For applying new work permit, you (or employer) don't need hard copy of the old one.

My old employer is threatning me to blacklist from EU because i chanhed the job and now going to join a mew employer. Can you advise what actions i can take here ?