Why my family joining visa is getting delayed?

Hello members. Im waiting for my family joining visa from past three weeks, there's still no development in it. Does it usually takes more than a month for processing? Has any one faced similar situation?

Hi Mubeenathyeeb,

You must ask your company PRO to find out why exactly there is this delay and what needs to be done to expedite the visa's issuance. If all the required papers have been submitted as needed, it should not take more than a working week's time maximum for the visas to get issued.

Thankyou sir for your reply.
They are just giving lame excuses that it will be done within a weeks time. But already a month passed. my papers are correct but i wonder why there is a delay.

Hello again sir,
    The problem with my visa is identified . My husband is a mechanical engineer and the new rulings show that they cant give visa to these categories. They questioning as how they can give visa to there family with such a new rule, however he was employed in oman 3 years ago when no such rule was implied. But the HR and PRO has taken some alternatives and applied again . Are there any chances that my visa be proccessed? Or is there any other way. Kindly guide me sir!!

Hi Mubeenathyeeb,

This is ridiculous indeed, since the visa is not to employ a new Mechanical Engineer but rather it is to get his non-employable family members over.

So there is no logical reason or even justification to deny the family joining visa. It is simply common sense.

I am sure your husband's company PRO and HR can subtly explain this to the authorities and get them to issue the family joining visa soon.

And, I am sure it will get issued without any further delay.

Thankyou so much for your words sir, I hope my visa problem gets sorted

Hello Sumitran sir,
    Just a follow up question. My husband's Hr have commented that my visa has been approved two days back . Will I have any more complications or my visa be given?TIA

Hi Mubeenathyeeb,

There is nothing such as an "approval" before a family joining visa can be issued.

If the person is eligible for family joining visa and if the submission application is correct in all its needed documents, then the family joining visa would get issued.

Hello sir,
     My husband's HR and Pro are confusing us. Earlier they said that my visa got approved and they took about 75 +75 omr as the fee (for me and my daughter). My husband paid that too. But now they are again saying that my husband's resident agreement have to be attested in the municipality also only now they are telling that our marriage visa has to be attested by the embassy . I feel like losing hope. From past two months they haven't even looked at our papers . Only now they are bringing out one after the other . Even my husband is confused as to what to do next.
    Can u plz answer my following queries
1. Where to get the marriage certificate attested in oman, salalah? and how much is the cost
2. Should my husband get our daughter's birth certificate attested too? If so from wher?
3. And what about this tenancy agreement attestation from municipality . How to do that and how long will it take to get it done.
Kindly advice sir.  TIA

Hi Mubeenathyeeb,

Answers to all your questions are already available in the forum. So please help yourself.

It is rather unusual for the employee to pay for the family joining visa fee - if the company is providing that employee with a family status. Same would be the case for the annual airfares too.

From all that you have said, it seems like your husband's company is not doing things the proper way. It would be better for your husband to speak to his higher authorities and request them to look into these unusual incidents.

Thanks for your advice sir . but im just confused abt getting the certificates attested frm salalah . Is it possible to get it here in salalah indian embassy or shud send it to muscut indian embassy . Kindly advice sir

Hi Mubeenathyeeb,

Any Indian Embassy is good. They are all one and the same, irrespective of their locations.

Thanks for your advice sir☺

Hi sir,
   Is it mandatory to include my name in my husband's passport . His passport is old so the marital status is single in his passport but mine is a new one and my husband's name is endorsed in it . Is it sufficient or will it pose any prblm in processing my visa?

Hi Mubeenathyeeb,

The mention of the spouse's name in the passport is a mandatory requirement while applying for the family joining visa. But waivers are extended depending on the circumstances.

However, since you have the other approved and attested documents to prove that you are indeed husband and wife, there should not be any serious repercussions to your husband's passport not having your name mentioned against the 'spouse' column.

Ask your husband's company PRO to tell the issuing authorities that upon your arrival, your husband's passport can be reissued in Muscat, with your name mentioned there as needed.

Thanks you sir

Hi sir,
    Sorry to disturb you once again . But your advices mean a lot . My husband have given our marriage certificate thru an agent for attestation and that is to be done frm new delhi. Will that be sufficing for the requirements for applying for family visa or shud it be again attested frm Indian embassy and the MOFA?
  TIA

Hi Mubeenathyeeb,

The attested marriage certificate has to be further signed and sealed by the Indian Embassy in Muscat, as well as by the MoFA in Shatti Al Qurum.

There is much information on the processes which have been already discussed and debated on the forum. Help yourself to all that knowledge.

Hi sir,
   Above all the hassel my husband succesfully submitted all the required documents to his pro and so did the pro to the visa office . The officials have verified the papers and returned the original documents to the pro and said my visa wud be ready within two days . I was just curious  to know whether  they usually return the papers like how in my case . Im just worried as similar promises was made earlier but there wasnt any development . Kindly advice sir.

Hi Mubeenathyeeb,

Just relax and stay positive ... am sure all will go well this time.

Thankyou so much sir ... 🙏

Hello sir,
      Im really glad to inform you that i received my family visa . Thanks to u sir for your proper advices and moral support . May the Almighty bless you for helping people in there difficulty. 🙌🙏🙏🙏

Hi Mubeenathyeeb,

Hearty congratulations !!

I am so very happy for you !

Thankyou so much sir patience do pays well after all .... 😀😀