French atheist woman looking at moving to Isra

Shalom

I'm a 33 years old French woman looking at moving to Israel to live there, at least for a few years.

I'm a qualified massage therapist and I was working in England last year. I have also worked  as a hospitality manager for many years, both in Australia and New Zealand.

However, I'm not Jewish and I don't speak Hebrew.

Therefore, I would like to know if anyone has any experience and tips to share regarding this topic. It would be great !

Toda raba !

Marie

Hi Marie,

Just curious why you want to move here.

There are a lot of French here, but most are Jewish.

You would need a work visa unless you plan on coming in as a tourist & I'm not sure how long that lasts for, either 3 or 6 months.

Rent is expensive here in the big city.

There are several massage therapists here, I assume most aren't that good. I'm looking for one, but only a licensed one as I have health insurance.

Massage therapists run 200-300 shekel I think.

If you don't know the language, your only bet is to find tourists who want a massage & that's usually in the hotels. I don't think (you could check) they would hire someone who's not a resident.

Hope that helps you some.

Thank you so much for your reply !

I'm not Jewish but love the country, language, culture etc.

I'm not licensed yet but could definitely get one in France before moving to Israel.

I'll check the visas and the requirements to get hired anywhere.

Toda raba !!!

My 2 cents on the fact that your advert states: "French atheist woman looking at moving to Israel". In particular on the "atheist" part - do you realize you want to move to a very religious country.
So I find it a bit weird that someone who state they don't belief in a god at all, want to move to G_d's Chosen's People's promised land??
I'm not saying you shouldn't move but there might be other better suited countries...

@Saphira33 hey there im david and im intrested in hearing more about you thank you

hello Leitnermoe,

Welcome on board !

Please note that the last time we heard from Saphira was 4 years ago. I don't think that she will respond.

If you have any questions, please open your own topic on the Israel forum so that active members can guide you.

All the best

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed