How do I go about finding a sponsor for visa extension in Jakarta?

Any tricks/hacks. Someone who's been there, done that?

My social visa is about to expire and I'd like to extend my stay here.

I hear I will need a local sponsor. I went to imigrasi just to make sure. They confirmed I'll need id copy and a letter from a local sponsor as part of the requirements for a visa extension.

Problem now is...I don't really know any Indonesian. I mean, I get hellos walking about in my area but I haven't really gotten acquainted with anyone. Do i just go up to anyone and ask "Hey there! Can you be my sponsor!"

I read on here there are visa agents that provide such services. I would like, of courses, to get it done for free, just paying the imigration fees. I don't mind the hassle of doing it myself. But if I am not lucky enough to get a sponsor pro bono, then I would obviously have no choice but to enlist the services of an agent. Which brings me to the cost...what is the current fee for an agent to sponsor you?

I would LOVE to know the minimum and maximum...you know, like betweens ?-?. That information is very hard to find. I've been searching for 2 days.

I was also wondering, is it possible...well anything is possible...is it common to ask a local non-visa agent to sponsor you in exchange for a little pocket money? Anyone done that? How much would that cost? I'm thinking of this route assuming to would cost less than an agent.

Really appreciate any pointers guys!

sponsor must be same as what was stated in your vitas,
you have social budaya visa,visa 211 it maybe sponsor by a company
or individual,please check your passport if your vitas annotation is a company
or local indonesia who sponsor you.

Howi will get sponsor visa in Indonesia

Sponsor might be

1.Indonesian people
2.company,sponsor letter sign by hrd

I sent you pm,may help.

cheers,
rick