Verbal warning that re-entry from malaysia will be refused.

Hi all,

My friend a vietnamese being granted to enter singapore couple of times.

When she is here, she will tag along with me to malaysia and most of the time she will need to go the office for interogation.

As she needs to go to malaysia to settle her divoce issues, she needs to go in once a while and at the same time go for sight seeing.

Today, the  officer told me that she will be refused entry if she re-enter malaysia again?!

The officer asked why she needs to go in and out malaysia daily? I told them that she is tagging with me  as i needed to travel to malaysia daily.

My question is can ica refused her entry because she entered malaysia daily?

Since ica can grant her 30 days in singapore, why cant she travel out of singapore daily?

if she wants to go in malaysia again tomorrow, can i go ica to check whether she can re-enter singapore??

Thanks.

ICA granted her 30 days tourist visa conditionally (it applies to everyone), that the purpose of the visit to tour Singapore (its a different story that people come here on tourist visa then looking for jobs).

In your friend's case, she got visa to tour Singapore (not traveling Malaysia daily). Only a Malaysian or Singaporean can travel either way on a regular basis if she or he has a valid work permit, or else it's not allowed. Respect the country law. There is a high chance she will be banned to enter Malaysia and Singapore, if she continues doing this.

Next time provide detailed information like whether she had married a Malaysian, and now having divorce case running in Malaysia? Why it's required someone to visit other country on a daily basis, never heard of any divorce case where both parties to visit or meet in the court or office (daily)!

My suggestion is stay away from this, after got a warning from ICA. Good luck

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

She had married a malaysian and now undergoing a divorce. As she is the one suggesting the divorce, the lawyer needs to gather all informations about her husband.

She is not travelling to malaysia daily for this divorce issue. She is tagging along with me for sight seeing. Malaysia side has no issue with her. But only singapore.

Do you think is advisable for me to go down to ica to check why she is not allowed to re enter singapore after malaysia?

Thanks.

Your profile shows that you are a Singaporean. I believe you must be knowing that any foreigner (ICA don't recognise Friend, BF/GF or Fiancée kind of relationship - it only recognises married couple with valid marriage certificate). So, you shouldn't bring her regularly to Malaysia for sightseeing (it looks absurd to me that someone who is under social visit pass in Singapore, visiting regularly Malaysia for sightseeing). You can visit ICA office level 4 to check with the officer but I don't think they will allow your friend to continue doing this.

As suggested earlier, avoid doing this as there is a high possibility that ICA will ban her to enter Singapore, if she does this again and again (She has already got a verbal warning, which can confirm my suggestion). Good luck

She should strictly follow the officer's advice and NOT enter Singapore again for a few months (or get a proper long term visa).

ok. I have followed your instruction not to let her enter malaysia.

Thanks for your advices.

To prepare for marriage in singapore, is there anyway to get a pass or something so that she can stay here to prepare for the registration of marriage?

Thanks

Ask at ICA, but I have not heard of such a "marriage preparation visa".
Please note that she does not need to be in the country during the preparation phase - see ROM's website for details.

Hi, I had almost a similar experience to this. ICA personnel interrogated me and told me I won't be able to enter SG and that I will be sent back to Malaysia and told to arrange my flight home to Philippines from there. But then, after the interrogation, they allowed me to enter SG and when I checked my passport and embarkation card, it has a stamp that has handwritten mark (i'm not reallly sure which because it's handwritten) SD or SP pass. Then the date indicated is that i'm allowed entry until the last day of my 30-day pass. My concern is that, at the bottom part of the stamp, they wrote "c/o thru airport". But there is no stamp that stays i am banned and they did not give me any letter that states I am. I have an S pass currently in process, will this affect the approval of my pass? Also, is the fact that I was allowed to enter SG again means I'm not banned? Thnk you.

Yes, you are allowed to enter means you are not banned. But, as you are not sure what has hand written on white paper, so I cannot say much. In common case, it shouldn't impact, unless they share the information with MoM (as both Govt agencies interchange their records at the time of need).

Secondly, your story didn't tell, why this situation arised at immigration checkpoint. So, can't say the severity of your case. But, whatever the reason, don't try to break rules or guidelines as it may go against you or your pending work pass. Good luck

Thank you for yoyr response. This happened because I tried to extend my stay by exiting Malaysia and then going back on the same day. Do you think I can go back to Singapore after a couple of weeks or so when my pass get approved and if I present my IPA to the immigration checkpoint?

Why you need to visit again, even after you got warnings from immigration officer? As I said you can wait till your pass gets approved, then you can come with IPA letter without facing any difficulties.

If you are desperate to visit here, then come with your own risk (but always carry return ticket and accommodation details in Singapore, including contact number). Good luck

I see. The only reason I'm asking wether I can come to SG again is because of the job waitinf for me here. As I've said  my pass is in pending status. All I want to know is despite this ordeal, would I still be able to enter SG without any hiccups so long aa I present an IPA? By the way, thanks for your responses so far. You've been very helpful.

Coming with IPA letter and job offer letter should be fine.

You can wait at your home country while pass is pending, no need to visit again after warning then get banned and jeopardy your chances. Good luck