Marriage in Egypt

My fiance and I is trying to get married in Egypt. I am American living in the USA and he is Egyptian living in Egypt. I have been married before and the Ministry of Justice in Egypt is asking for my final divorce decree. I have provided all my divorce papers and also the exemplication certification saying my divorce judgement is true. But the Ministry of Justice in Egypt keep saying they need the final divorce decree. I have also provided them with the Notice of Entry Judgement and they are still not accepting it as a final divorce decree. Now my fiance and I can't get married in Egypt because of this issue. Can someone please help. I am confused and do not know what it is they need. I have spoken with the US and Egyptian embassy and they don't know either. Does anyone know what it is they are asking for?

@Midori777 I'm so sorry, I can see that this post is old. But my daughter is in Cairo atm going through a similar situation, and I wondered if you managed to find out what they were after.

Thank you.

Hello everybody... I don't know whether that helps but I am German and was married to an Egyptian for 14 years (already divorced for 10 years now. @Midori777 you say ... the Ministry of Justice in Egypt keep saying they need the final divorce decree... What you have to do generally in Egypt for such documents:

• each document needs to have an official stamp from the USA authority (civil office, court whatever)
  • get the document translated into Arabic
  • you need to get a notarial certification with a seal and apostille (very important) for both documents
  • authentication stamp of the Egyptian embassy of your country (for both documents) to the final documents you receive from the notary

I needed it for my driving licence (Education Certificates), for marriage, for almost everything.

whoever would like to marry anybody from a different culture my strongest advice is... speak, read and write their language. It doesn't make sense to marry an Egyptian without being fluent in their language. In my case at least I know how to defend and secure the rights of my Egyptian kids. But I am masculine.... what's about a foreign lady here in Egypt who doesn't speak Arabic in case there is unforeseen trouble in the future?

An Egyptian marrying an American or European citizen does not guarantee a visa to those countries. The UK Home Office is very happy to take the £400 application fee but If he has no skills or qualifications he will not get into Europe or the USA. Right now they are flying hundreds of thousands of illegal migrants to Rawanda.

This is what many Africans do not understand. In countries like The Gambia you get thousands of lazy young men engaged in sham marriages to women old enough to be their grandmothers .

Naive old women being used by those gigolos hoodwinked into sham marriages where they are fleeced financially and hoodwinked into sham property deals. In Egypt her priperty will always be given to the Egyptian man during divorce proceedings despite him not having put one pound into the purchase!

The old women end up peniless and broken. Having been fleeced out of their pension and their grandchildren's inheritance. He is almost always married already to an Egyptian woman.  The gigolo  will be refused an entry visa that's for sure! We read these sad stories in our media every week almost always involving an Egyptian or African man.