EP- Status Unchanged

Hi all,
My new employer applied EP for me on April 27. However, my status remains pending.

I understand that status would change from - “pending” to “waiting for vetting agencies “  before it gets approved or rejected.

Is the “vetting” part still showing on the online status now? Or I'm just not there yet ?

Btw... MOM did ask the “Why me” question on May 17, and HR replied within the same day.

My background: PRC passport, have been working in Singapore since Sept 2015 (previous 2 EP were both approved within a few days). I graduated from a top program in Ivy League with close to 4 years of working experience ( US and Singapore). The position that was offered to me fits my experience and academic background. Salary is 7k+. New company is a smaller regional company with 20 employees (so they didn't post the position on JobBank).

I don't known changing jobs frequently can have negative impact.
I left my first Singapore job in June 2017, and I joined the second company in Aug 2017. I quit my job #2 in May 2018 (~10 months)...

Long story for all the switching, and I reallly hit off with the new company.... I'm just hoping that I'll hear the good news soon!

Job hopping is not a good sign and a MoM doesn't like it, stay at least 2 years in one company. MoM review each case on its merits and can't compare to your earlier cases. Have patience.

Who said to you that your application status would change from ‘pending' to ‘waiting for response from vetting agency' before it gets approved? First understand that vetting agency come into picture if MoM wants to verify any educational certification or past experiences held in foreign countries. So, in your case this would be your 3rd time for EP approval, all certificates and past experiences must have verified in very first time when your application was submitted at MoM.

Now, MoM will take help of vetting agency only if you have submitted new certification completed in a foreign country which was not declared earlier.

Your case should be ‘pending' to ‘approved' or ‘rejected ‘. Good luck

Dear Surya2K,
Thanks so much for the prompy reply.

Yea... I understand the changing job frequently isn't a good thing, but joining the company #2 was a total mistake.... I left because the company was not being honest at all to its clients, so i was forced to do things that are against my moral standards. I suffered so much during the 10 months there!

MoM at least asked the new company the “why me” question, so I hope it's a good sign that they are considering!

Will keep you posted!

Thanks!

Hi guys...
My EP just got approved ! I think this website is a luck charm for sure!

Sharing my timeline as a reference:
Date of application: April 27
MoM requested additional info: May 17
Approval : May 24 ( I checked the status around lunch time)

Congrats, patience is the key here as sometime you have to wait more than your expectated time frame.

Hi Bananaboba_eliang,

May I know what's the additional info MOM asked for?
They asked me for additional academic info in Mid May and now it is still pending...
Wondering when I will receive the result...

Regards,
Yvonne.