Short term accommodation needed

Hello,

l am caught up in a cycle  and don't see a way out:
while looking for permanent accommodation I need to show my bank statement.  As a newcomer I can not open an account without proof of address.    Catch 22

Thought to look for short term hotel accommodation, but this is getting expensive.

Anyone has an idea where to get the ball rolling in the right direction?

Lisa

Hey Lisa,

We had the same problem when we arrived and ended up staying in an airbnb for much longer then what we should've. Had we known earlier that we could potentially rent for 3 or 6 months and pay up front and wouldn't need to have a reference check done we would've done that but that's a different story.

If you do the Airbnb scenario you might be able to utilise their address. Obvs ask first if you can use it though.

You could ask around a few real estate agents and get their thoughts on options for short term renting - if you can afford to do it - and this could solve you needing proof of address to get the bank account set up

Good luck and hope this helps

A

Hello,

ok,   so you say, paying upfront helps;  I take this into consideration.

My last Airbnb experiences was a disaster to say the least; so  I take this as my last option.

Let's see where the new idea leads me to. Thanks a lot,   you are fast.

Lisa

Pleasure :)

Make sure you're careful as always and double check things but it might work out ok.

We were lucky with AirBnB and ended up being hosted by Hostmaker - they were great (not an advert, just sayin').

A