Permanent stay in Philippines

Thank you. I packed up my life in Sydney to move to Manila on Sunday to be with my partner is a PH National.
I am on a 30 day tourist visa and have no job.
Consulate told me I can extend tourist visa for another 30 days.
I have been on all recruitment sites already - are there ones you recommend or any contacts or communities I can join as I don't know anyone here.
I am a professional however will take and job. I can't stay here without a company sponsoring me correct?
Thanks for your help.

sir did u receive my email, its sohail bhudha

about your stay in philippine you are right that with out employee visa u have to stay as visit visa and extand every 2 month, second option if u can married to any filipina woman then u get TRV visa which is good for 1 and 2 year

Hey .  sohailbhudha96 , I do not think the question was so much about the appropriate Visa but more about locating an employment agency where he can advertise his skills.   
There are numerous posts on this expat site about extending tourist visas and about obtaining a 13A visa if you legally marry a Filipina.
Although  Grattray does not say what professional skills he has, it might help to see if anything would be available if he posted his skills.  Retirement may not be an option at this time.

Thanks Bob604 - I thought I posted my CV on here. Perhaps I didn't do correctly. I will have a look and advise.
Thx

Check out recruiters in the Philippines. There are quite a number of them (online) where you can upload CV. Be prepared that, unless you posses a certain skill set, it may not be as easy as  you might think to land a job. Language however is a real asset here (other than English I mean).

Do you happen to know the 5 year renewal cost of the 13A visa. I have asked many but no one appears to have that info.

five year visa 13A, as we all know that now they are only offer 1 year and 2 year, they are not offering 5 year any more for any one as i know they close that 5 year visa in 2014.

The above note regarding the 13A Visa is incorrect!
The writer sohailbhudha96  is using information for another type of Visa.   The permanent 13A Visa (by marriage)  is good for 5 years.
I would also be interested in the renewal fees today, but remembering, these fees can change at anytime....

It is incorrect !

There is confusion between the Visa 13A and the ACR-I card. The Visa 13A by marriage is permanent. It will last up to the time you are not anymore married with your actual spouse. So you don't have to renew this visa.
But you need also an ACR card which lasts for 5 years. The cost is 50 dollars for the renewal.

. To keep the 13A visa alive you must do an annual report with your wife each January and pay about PHP 300 but dont forget or the penalties are huge. The big downside is everytime you leave the Philippines you must pay a little over PHP 5kl. If you do this your 13A will resume once you return. I am living here in Davao city with the 13A visa. The probationary 13A will cost app PHP 10 kl and about the same for the permanent one. Hope this helps. Details are not easy to find online. The 13A visa is an ACR card so very confusing. I had been told that the 13A had to be renewed after 5 years. You have cleared this up and the cost i had been unable to find. Thanks for your information

Hi, I maintain that the 13A is permanent

Yes you have to pay an annual report. If you forgot, you have to pay monthly penalties. The penalties are 200 pesos per month or not more than 2000 pesos a year.

What you have to change every 5 years is the ACR card. 50 US dollars for the renewal

Sorry mate as i had been quoted wrong as my 13A visa is an (ALIEN CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION). I had been told that my 13A visa would have to be renewed after 5 years which is the ACR card. You make sense as only the ACR card needs to be renewed after 5 years. I have been trying unsuccessfully to find out this cost but you have stated about AU$50 or PHP about 2,000.00. Like when you renewal your Australian Passport here you pay extra AU$110.00 plus you must pay in pesos and the Embassy uses a poor exchange rate. My apologies for stating you were wrong.

No problem  :cheers:

It is 50 US dollars not Australian dollars

Soailbhudha96,
You are not correct. The 13A visa or ACR are both on the card. Mine was issued in June 2016 and does not expire until 2021.  5 years at a cost ofUS $50.00.

How can I get a job in davao city

shahmelburrell wrote:

How can I get a job in davao city

Legally, the first thing you need is a visa that allows you to work.

Can I Iapply for jobs from the US to there in the Philippines

You cannot work in the Philippines if you are here on a tourist visa..