Do you see cyclists on the road?

Recently an Ecuadorian cyclist won a stage in the Tour of Italy and is doing quite well overall.

I was aware that Ecuador has mountain biking; yet, never saw much about road cycling or racing.

Have you seen the type of cyclists that look rather professional riding on the roads in Ecuador? Individually or in groups?

There is at least one race in Cuenca along the Rio Tomebamba but I don't recall the dates of the last one I ran into. Not literally "ran into", but the race did make it hard to walk on the same path the racers were using. That's never a problem with the foot races on the same route.

There was a bike rental service in Cuenca on 3 de Novembre not far from the Inca Bar. They have bikes available on Sundays for groups to ride, mostly along the river paths. It has been quite a while since I have been in that area on a Sunday, but those folks might know of opportunities to do trail rides.

Professional cyclists, nope, but every Sunday (Ciclopaseo) when a long stretch is closed to traffic from north to south of the city (quito) casual cyclists are on full display.