Healthcare in Almeria province

Can anyone tell me or tell me where I can find out what is the minimum level of  healthcare insurance that is required in the Almeria province for residency ??

It is the same throughout spain

100% full cover with no co-payments.  Which is what I posted on another thread when you asked the same question

That is what is provided if one qualifies for the S1 cover as a U.K. pensioner,  which is paid for by DWP.  (They pay around £3,000 pa for each person so covered )

Johncar wrote:

It is the same throughout spain

100% full cover with no co-payments.  Which is what I posted on another thread when you asked the same question

That is what is provided if one qualifies for the S1 cover as a U.K. pensioner,  which is paid for by DWP.  (They pay around £3,000 pa for each person so covered )

The OP in the past has stated they are an Irish citizen.

I was just enlarging on the post to assist others

I am an Irish passport holder but have DWP health cover.  And do not Irish citizens have reciprocal health cover too ?

May well have reciprocal  health cover, but not necessarily from The DWP. Unless they have lived/worked/paid into the "system" a good few years in the UK.
But one clue about the situation is from another post.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=755450

Today i called into my accountant just to run a few things past him, and was shocked to hear that I may not be eligible for an old age pension (Ireland) because of some recent rules that have been introduced.

Pension rules here have changed in Ireland recently.  I am having my accountant look into it a little more.  I have lived in Ireland for 25 years, I am an Irish citizen.  My hubby was born and bred here and has worked all his life.

After reading that posting I  assumed they had not worked in the UK and had no connection so that they could claim anything from the DWP.
So over to those from the Republic to inform us how it goes.

I'm not an OP yet and have been self employed for 20 plus years, I qualify for nothing (and I do mean nothing ) here in Ireland.  I've had various quotes from different companies offering different  levels of cover.  I can only presume if I get enough cover for GP visit and hospital stays, surgery etc  that should satisfy the authorities.

OP means original poster.
Thank you for the clarification about your situation.

I do not have private health care. So I cannot answer your question. I thought that private health care would/should give you some advantages over the public health system.

I would think so too, and thank you

Jennifer

You need

jenniferO wrote:

Can anyone tell me or tell me where I can find out what is the minimum level of  healthcare insurance that is required in the Almeria province for residency ??

The office where you are going to make your residency application would be a good place to start.

thank you

and I make the application at a Police station ? a local or a regional ?

jenniferO wrote:

and I make the application at a Police station ? a local or a regional ?

Go and ask at your local town hall,  they will tell you.

Jenifer I did say.

‘100% full cover with no co-payments.'

That is what you will be told, when you go to the office to submit your application,  so no need to waste your time asking  at a town hall etc where they have no reason to know about the requirements for EU Citizen Registration

It is the extranjerias (the office for foreigners paperwork applications) at the Policia Nacional comisarías   (Police stations) who administer the registration procedure on behalf of the national government.

For your application, use the office which covers the area where you are living/staying on the day you submit the application