Moving to Port Morsbey to be with my partner

Hi
I am an Aussie lady Moving to Port Morsbey to be with my partner.  Is it safe, is it something I should be considering, can I leave the compound I would be living in, can I explore PNG by myself,  what is the lifestyle there?, any help or hint would be great at this time. Oh and job prospects..... would there be jobs available and safe for me there?

Thanks
Kirsty

Please take the time to read through the posts on this section of the forum for information.

Hi Kirsty,

Port Moresby it's not very safe.  However that said, with proper care there are many things you can do here.  You must always be aware and don't take safety for granted.  It it's not a good idea to go out alone at first. Learn your way around.   Take some security. You can always get someone to refer a couple of boys who will go with you for a few Kina to help you shop,  watch the car or walk around with you.   If you don't drive,  get the number of two or three cab drivers who are referred and use them exclusively.  Do not take public buses or cabs.  Sometimes the company you work for will provide security or a driver for you.  There are several safe shopping areas where you can relax and have a good time.   Vision city mall is great.  Waterfront mall, waigani shopping center.   There are two theaters.  Don't be afraid,  or you will never enjoy being here.  Be aware and don't take safety for granted.  Theft is the biggest issue here.  Never leave your purse,  phone or other items unattended.. Not even for a minute.   Don't leave anything in your car that can be seen. Follow these rules and you'll be okay.   Please feel free to connect with my wife and I when you get to png and we will show you around.   We also know another Aussie girl who lives here and gets around by herself just fine.   We'll introduce you.